Swallow query

Started by billnats, February 04, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billnats

Happy with most my team but had this one query over Swallow:
1) Is he as good at that price, as say a Selwood? I could probably even get enough cash to upgrade to Judd.
2) Should I downgrade him to Van Berlo and use the money to shore up my defence?

The Supercoach

cant click on u team to make it bigger so i dont no ur backline, but i would say that swallow will be a unique pick due to the fact that he is around selwoods price, and with the captaincy he should average explode.

billnats

Sorry mate,
Problem fixed?

Torress

mate he is a solid fantasy player - more than likely will improve his average again. tackling and clearance machine - i'd drop lenny maybe even for a rookie just for the record. he'll average 100~ will be dead wood reckon you could use the cash elswhere imo

billnats

Thanks Torress,
Love Lenny but I know what you mean. If a rookie steps up in NAB and shows he can play with the big boys, definitely downgrade Lenny. Could use the cash to fix up the defence (bring in Lake/Grimes) or upgrade Porps.

The Supercoach

heres what i would do but its just a thought. U could downgrade barlow or Hayes because having both of them may be risky, so downgrade one of them to a standout rookie in the nab cup(just go with any rookie at the moment maybe L. Brown as he is a DPP). Then move one of tomlinson or smedts to the forward line so u have that DPP between the fwd and backline. Then get heath shaw in the backline.

billnats

Like the thought about the ability to move Tomlinson/Smedts. Done that.

Moved some players around to have the same ability to move Zorko/Treloar.

But even after downgrading midfield, I only have got 440K left for a defender. At that price, is there anyone worth it?
Mackie, Ellis, Burgoyne, Gilbert, Jack Grimes?
Who would you go for?

roo boys!

Burgoyne or probably even better Grimes.

The Supercoach

Big_Cox14