is this silly???

Started by magic_man, July 28, 2009, 11:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magic_man

this would be my team pre finals
backs
doughty, fisher, drummond, mackie, grimes, broughton, ellis (petrenko, pearce)
mids
bartel, gibbs, hayes, kornes, s.thompson, salopek (beams, anthony)
rucks
mcintosh, kruezer (spencer, pyke)
forwards
didak, stevie j, pavlich, riewoldt, franklin, rioli, chapman (brown, ballantyne)

leaves me with 2 trades and 27k
should i wait or go for it???

Prospector_1

I haven't checked bes yet, but I'd have thought Bartel cheaper after next week, and Rioli similar or longer be ~175! Rioli delicious right now be ~44!

magic_man

so get rioli and then wait or should i not do the other trade and get someone better than rioli eg deledio and use all my money and have none left to upgrade???

Prospector_1

Depends how important it is to win this week! Depends how much you want Cyril. Depends who's getting the chop for the proposed inclusions.

Depends who gets injured this week and in the next few after that, and if you're satisfied with the cover you have, or whether you'll need to trade when (not if) it happens.

How do you feel about where you're at, and what might happen?

magic_man

im second atm and cant come out of the top 4 unless i lose by 500 points!!
should i just get rioli and he is much the same player as higgins???
rioli did average nearly 90 before injury

Prospector_1

Yeah, I thought Higgins might be the reason for the forward line. Maybe just do that, but in your position it still might pay to wait. Other opportunities (and challenges) present themselves as time goes by, and you're lookin' pretty good for now. See who might be a good forward option next week rather than this?

magic_man

ive got both mitch brown and ballantyne so im not getting a donut for it

Prospector_1

I reckon I'd hold, but Rioli is such a temptation. In fact, I came to exactly this conclusion for myself about 90 mins ago, and I'm similarly placed, except for the top 4 part.

magic_man

wat r u doin??? getting him?? how many trades u got left???

Prospector_1

Most likely not, depends if Skippy can get selected.

Trades at a premium, and I'm sure I'll need all I can save for the finals.

magic_man

i might leave it for a few weeks then!!!
im also thinking these trades if higgins in back in 2 weeks
beams ---> martin or van berlo
rich ----> swan or ablett or maybe bartel (bartel trade will still leave me with more $$$$)

Prospector_1

... as I said, Bartel ripe prolly next week ... and if that were to coincide with a must fill vacancy for finals, you'd know exactly what to do, so write it down!

The others I know fa about - check their stats and break-evens.

Prospector_1

This week's better option midfield is Marc Murphy, be of 82. He hasn't got under 83 since I don't know when. I won't be buying him unless I absolutely have to - conserving trades for finals.