News out of freo

Started by cortez, February 04, 2012, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

The news out of fremantle is the two designsted dezignated kickers off half back are duffield and suban. Both have been training all.pre season in this position. As for Broughton he has been 100% training with the midfield group. Just thought id let ya since i remember discussing who would be the kickers off half back.

Purple 77

Broughton does tempt me... Never again with Duffield

cortez

The 5 games around mid year last year when broughton went into the midfield he averaged 127 for those games ;-)

Purple 77

Quote from: cortez on February 04, 2012, 09:39:23 AM
The 5 games around mid year last year when broughton went into the midfield he averaged 127 for those games ;-)

You've just about convinced me!

cortez

I've convinved myself too i think lol

Purple 77

Quote from: cortez on February 04, 2012, 10:27:04 AM
I've convinved myself too i think lol

Good, means I can blame you when it turns sour

cortez

ando_10

Quote from: cortez on February 04, 2012, 09:32:26 AM
The news out of fremantle is the two designsted dezignated kickers off half back are duffield and suban. Both have been training all.pre season in this position. As for Broughton he has been 100% training with the midfield group. Just thought id let ya since i remember discussing who would be the kickers off half back.

ah god damn it. as soon as i read this post i was instantly convinced cause if have been comtemplating him haha

Bluesman

Sounds tempting and looks good on paper, BUT...
these were Broughton's scores (SC) WITHOUT Barlow and Mundy in the guts. Look at what his SC scores went back to on Barlow's return. Different coach i know but i can't help but think if Freo need to shut someone down backwise then they could turn to him - and with Lyon at the helm...who knows??? 8)

cortez

Xifferent coach and completely new strategy.  And if he is training completely wirh the mids and posted those mumbers last year im willing to take a very small risk in taking him. Its not like he is a mid he is a backman in sc. And since there are only a couple of sure thing backman in deledio and goddard i think picking a bloke who has those numbers when playing through the mids is a pretty good bet.

pavs nose

Where'd you read this mate? On another note I genuinely think freo will make the GF this year and barlow will win the brownlow

Lions01

Quote from: pavs nose on February 04, 2012, 11:37:31 AM

Where'd you read this mate? On another note I genuinely think freo will make the GF this year and barlow will win the brownlow

Get good odds for those two if it happens !!!
I've read an article saying the same  http://www.footytragic.com/blog/club-previews/club-previews-fremantle/

Bluesman: If Freo has their full list this year will have Mcpharlin and Dawson for FB/CHB throw in Silvagni as a possible 3rd tall. It does free broughton up to play as a rebounding defender or even go to the mid. A team that Im very interested in seeing for the Nab   

Purple 77

Think Freo will improve, but might not translate to wins. Saints went down the ladder the first year Lyon coached them, think Freo will make top 4 in 2013

ubeaut

One of the biggest questions for me is who plays where and how under Lyon. Read the other day in Herald Sun that Ballantyne is also training in the mids. Broughton is very tempting a ball magnet for sure. But how will the points be shared around the midfield? There's Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Broughton, Ballantyne, Mzungu and Fyfe. They can't all score well esp. with Pav and Sandi as well. Freo will have the most players in my team( apart from G.W.S rookies) but the trick is picking the right one's. Have Pav and Barlow but will have one maybe two more. Who else would you pick?

Purple 77

True ubeaut, but surely it won't mean Broughton will score less this year?