Is it worth the risk?

Started by Jake8, February 04, 2012, 08:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake8

So I have Stevie J  and Smedts in my forward lone and I am thinking of bringing Christensen in for Porplyzia which would give me three cats forwards. Is it too risky?

Purple 77

I don't think so. Think by the time the byes come round, you'd have upgraded Smedts, and you never know what is going to happen

BGK

It's not just about considering 1 team this year. You have to consider the 5 others they share the bye with. Unless you don't care about round 12. If you pick both of these, you can't pick Beams, Sidebottom, Cloke, Pav and Fyfe just to name a few.

itchytradefinger

Purple 77

Quote from: BGK on February 04, 2012, 09:50:24 AM
It's not just about considering 1 team this year. You have to consider the 5 others they share the bye with. Unless you don't care about round 12. If you pick both of these, you can't pick Beams, Sidebottom, Cloke, Pav and Fyfe just to name a few.

Yes this is true. I just doubt anyone can predict what there team will look like 10 weeks after round 1

BGK

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 04, 2012, 10:30:42 AM
Quote from: BGK on February 04, 2012, 09:50:24 AM

Yes this is true. I just doubt anyone can predict what there team will look like 10 weeks after round 1

I agree with you Purple but I feel that people need to have put some thought into the byes before the season starts. Let's face it, even if we have a whole lot of luck and get the best case scenario throughout the byes, we will still be eating donuts.

If I was a league only person, I would probably throw one of the bye rounds and load up on Geelong, Collingwood, Freo etc players.

Lions01

Agree with Purple77 It's going to be hard to work out the byes this season, no doubt we will be all eating donuts at somestage.

You dont need to set you team up from round 1 for the byes but you do need to keep an eye on it. By this you only need to be looking realistically at your Premiums (Keepers) making sure that you don't have 3 premiums from one round in 1 position.

As stated i dont see Smedts as a keeper so prior to his bye you trade him out for a round 11 player, So the only thing you really need to work out are you happy with Johnson and Christian as your Round 12 keepers in the forward line, there are some very good options for that round, Personally at this stage I've went Christian and Sidebottom (I have Smedts in my forwards too)

the flying hawk

Also agree with purple.

Im just gonna worry about it maybe, round 9? I will then begin to make the necessary changes needed to cope with the byes. But at the moment im not worrying about the byes, Im just trying to make the best team I can and go from there