Danny Stanley - good pick for this year?

Started by dcmagadia21, February 04, 2012, 12:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

What are your thoughts of Danny Stanley being a good pick up this year? We was great last year. Had him from the start and didn't regret getting him. But now this year, with his heftier price tag, will he still be worth it? Could be a good "smokie" or "unique"  ???

Justin Bieber

MGK1

elephants

I rate him but better options in the fwd line imo.

Purple 77

Stanley had a good year last year, but there is better value to be had

Lions01

Great player last year, the idea of the game is to select this years Danny Stanley !!!

Most likely wont improve his average, and his average wasn't high enough to be in the top 10 for forwards so it's a no. Way better options out there

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: dcmagadia21 on February 04, 2012, 12:33:20 AM
What are your thoughts of Danny Stanley being a good pick up this year? We was great last year. Had him from the start and didn't regret getting him. But now this year, with his heftier price tag, will he still be worth it? Could be a good "smokie" or "unique"  ???

HAHAHAHAHAHA

TROLOLOLOLOL

you cant be serious can you hahaha. His average isnt going to sky rocket and his price will most probably drop. You would be better off picking up a heap of the gun mid/fwds and then raking up the cheap rooks like treloar or zorko.

Justin Bieber

Chelskiman

Nails

A lot of backwards thinking here...

He was pumping out solid numbers towards the end of the year once he went up forward. Now playing as a forward in an improving side, should naturally see Stanley's numbers improve, depending on how well GCS improve, Stanley might be one of the best picks available in the forward line. Just wait and see, too many not willing to even look at him = good for us.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2012, 02:20:54 PM
A lot of backwards thinking here...

He was pumping out solid numbers towards the end of the year once he went up forward. Now playing as a forward in an improving side, should naturally see Stanley's numbers improve, depending on how well GCS improve, Stanley might be one of the best picks available in the forward line. Just wait and see, too many not willing to even look at him = good for us.

Nails and the OP is right, i think the DT talk boys pumped this guy up a little in the pre season saying he could average 90. Im probably not gutsy to pick him but i will be certainly looking at him if he has a good nab.

The F.A.R.K.

hahahahaha you guys can not be serious

go ahead and pick him but i will be the one lolzing when he fails

i seriously thought dcmagadia21 was kidding when he put this up. To pick Stanley as a fwd when there is Martin, Robinson, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Lewis, Adams, Zaha, Danger, Ballantyne, Christenson

hahaha

elephants

Hmmmmm.... Stanley will easy outscore Balla so he shouldn't be there FARK.
All those guys listed are 70-100k more than Stanley. Not really a fair comparison.

The F.A.R.K.

ok well out of dangerfield, christenson, ballantyne, dawes or stanley danny would be last on that list

danger and balla finally going to breakout, dawes ready to make his mark in the elite talls and christo has shown he is a dt gubn in the limited time he had on field last year. Stanley at GC who are not going to be a top 8 side....people are overating gc players way to much you can say they are improving but realistically they will still be bottom 3 side. A team like Crows who under a new coach and will push for top 8 and higher i cant see why you would even consider stanley and not just lock in danger. U fwds should have one mid pricer two max because of the amount of quality rookies and premiums this year

elephants

Danger = GUN (and even moreso as he is in out Euro team :P)
Balla = Douce AND small forward. Everyone is touted for midfield time, freo aren't that desperate. Mundy, Barlow, Lower, Mzungu, Suban, DeBoer, Morabito, Crowley and Fyfe. Balla is a decent small forward stupid to move him imo ::)
Christo = GUN
Dawes = Cloke killed it last year when Dawes was out, I only expect mid 70's
*Considering Wright too for my DT... Dangerfield too.