Goodes vs Cloke

Started by Tom_16, February 03, 2012, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one should i start with?

Goodes
Cloke

Tom_16

Goodes as we all know is mr durable and had a great season last year averaging 99 but can he keep it up?. Cloke on the other hand is arguably the best contested mark in the game and increased his average from 85 to 95.7 in 2011. Who is the better player to start with though?

Justin Bieber

I've got Goodes, but I may get both. Please don't tell me there byes collide?

stew42

More risk in cloke, I can't really help, I'm tossing up between them too!!!

Purple 77

Good question, but Goodes gets it cos of MPP

chatters24

Cloke. He's still only 24 and still has improvement in his IMO whereas Goodes is at the other end of the age spectrum. I think his DT output will begin to decline.

Purple 77

Quote from: chatters24 on February 04, 2012, 10:04:05 AM
Cloke. He's still only 24 and still has improvement in his IMO whereas Goodes is at the other end of the age spectrum. I think his DT output will begin to decline.

True, but Cloke had an amazing year last year, is there really that much room for improvement?

chatters24

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 04, 2012, 10:29:27 AM

True, but Cloke had an amazing year last year, is there really that much room for improvement?

He is more likely to increase than decrease whereas Goodes is the opposite :)

Tom_16

Quote from: chatters24 on February 04, 2012, 10:51:30 AM

Goodes is probably more likely to decrease his average but havn't we been saying this for a few years now? also goodes is more likely to play 22 games than cloke is.

chatters24

Quote from: Tom_16 on February 04, 2012, 11:26:46 AM
Quote from: chatters24 on February 04, 2012, 10:51:30 AM

Goodes is probably more likely to decrease his average but havn't we been saying this for a few years now? also goodes is more likely to play 22 games than cloke is.

Just keep in mind that Goodes is now 32. It doesn't take long for age to possibly catch up with you.

stew42

Hasn't caught up with him yet... also there is the question of whether Dawes will affect Cloke's (who is a KPP, btw) scores.

chatters24

Quote from: stew42 on February 04, 2012, 11:56:57 AM
Hasn't caught up with him yet... also there is the question of whether Dawes will affect Cloke's (who is a KPP, btw) scores.

I wouldnt think that Dawes would affect Clokes score as I would think Dawes would play closer to goal. Not knocking Goodes at all. He will average around the 90ppg mark, however head to head w/ Cloke I would take Cloke.

the flying hawk

Is Goodes slump in form coming? It must be soon.

I went for the less risky option IMO in Travis Cloke, think he will keep improving

Artax

Quote from: whatlez on February 04, 2012, 12:20:09 AM
I've got Goodes, but I may get both. Please don't tell me there byes collide?

Locked Goodes. Yes they share a bye.

yorgis

can't really see cloke getting better than last year,coz i can't see collingwood getting better

TheMailman

I feel they'll probably average the same.

Cloke's accuracy in terms of kicking for goal increased by three fold so I feel thats what got him the big increase. Seeing as thats fine I doubt he will increase further. he has a dendency to destroy one quarter and be destroyed the rest (e.g. GF)

Goodes is old for an AFL player. That said, the Swans are improving at a faster rate than collingwood (they don't really need to improve) and Goodes showed little signs of slowing down last year. Can give the odd <50 game but thats pretty normal.

The added MPP of Mid>forward wraps it up for Goodes in my opinion.

Collingwood have it much harder this year