Cardiomegaly

Started by jvalles69, February 03, 2012, 09:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Team name: Cardiomegaly
Highest finish: 2011 in the top 1000

Backs: Goddard, Delidio, Heppell, Johncock, Lake, Mohr, Ellis (Smedts, Morris)
Mids: Swan, Thompson, Barlow, Hayes, Coniglio, Zorko (Shiel, McDonald)
Rucks: Mumford, Luenberger (Giles, Rowe)
Forw: Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Roughhead, Saad, Treloar (Cameron, Walsh)

Bank: $149,100

I have picked players like Johncock, Thompson because of their early run and their byes don't coincide with others.  Roughhead is in the fwd line to cover Mummy & Berger if needed.  Barlow, Hayes & Lake are my risky picks and if they don't come through they will be upgraded/downgraded.  I'm pretty happy with it considering it took my 30mins and I've been in South East Asia for the last 2 weeks.  Rate me please!

jvalles69

Made a few adjustments.

Backs: Morris out - Clarke in
Mids: Swan & Barlow out - Jelwood & Martin in
Forw: Fyfe & Martin out - Chapman & Porpz in

AndrewY

Giles should be an ok ruck cover unless you add Stephenson for Rowe. Could swap Rowe for Roughy if you take Stephonson and have cash To upgrade Saad for eg.

jvalles69

Quote from: AndrewY on February 03, 2012, 10:22:55 PM
Giles should be an ok ruck cover unless you add Stephenson for Rowe. Could swap Rowe for Roughy if you take Stephonson and have cash To upgrade Saad for eg.

Not a bad idea, after the changes I currently have 390k free...not sure if the whole cap needs to be used from the start this year, lots of bargains around and lots of rookies to make mills!

AndrewY

Perhaps upgrade Hayes to Selwood and another good forward to replace Roughy

jvalles69

Quote from: AndrewY on February 03, 2012, 10:53:02 PM
Perhaps upgrade Hayes to Selwood and another good forward to replace Roughy

Played with my mids a bit, but think I have too many premo's in there.  Whole team looks like this now.

Back: Goddard, Delidio, Heppell, Johncock, Lake, Clarke, Mohr (Smedts, Ellis)
Mid: Jelwood, Thompson, Martin, Barlow, Hayes, McDonald (Zorko, Shiel)
Ruck: Berger, Mummy (Giles, Stephenson)
Forw: Franklin, Goodes, Sidebottom, N.Roo, Porpz, Walsh, Treloar (Saad, Cameron)

Bank: 123,700

Not sure on Roo, but I feel he still has the ability to get big scores and hopefully he can have a season to get that form back from 2 years ago.

AndrewY

Just check on Stiffys pre season, not sure it's been his best.

jvalles69

Quote from: AndrewY on February 03, 2012, 11:14:16 PM
Just check on Stiffys pre season, not sure it's been his best.

It was either Stiffy or Doughty who I like too, just trying to get a mix in that won't give me a headache come byes...I've figured it's near impossible though, unless you plan exactly when and who you are trading for.

washemj21

maybe try hanley instead of johncock because i personally think hanley could take another step up this year and johncock has been very inconsistent over the last few seasons

jvalles69

Quote from: washemj21 on February 03, 2012, 11:59:37 PM
maybe try hanley instead of johncock because i personally think hanley could take another step up this year and johncock has been very inconsistent over the last few seasons

Might have a look at that, he has the same bye and was interested in him last year.

yorgis

martin in place of roo and change hayes to another premo u can afford [ will take him a while to get some form coming

back from injury and may drop alittle more in price. hanley/adcock for stiffy ok move

jvalles69

Quote from: yorgis on February 04, 2012, 12:57:27 PM
martin in place of roo and change hayes to another premo u can afford [ will take him a while to get some form coming

back from injury and may drop alittle more in price. hanley/adcock for stiffy ok move

Yeah, looking at my mids I'm thinking about who I'd like in there by season ends and having Barlow & Hayes in their may not work out the way I wanted.  Will play with a bit, but will most likely look at a Magpie or a Blue, would like Boyd, but the byes are a little harsh with the GWS players and Scotty Thompson.