Double cat attack

Started by cortez, February 03, 2012, 08:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Anyone considering having both stevie j and chappy in the forward line? Both are guns. Atm ive got chappy but dont have stevie. Have  goodes and the more i think about it the more i think i should start stevie instead basically cause goodes is 32 now and  i dont know if he can retain his price. Help please.

My forwards atm are Buddy, Goodes, Pav, Chappy, Martin and 4 rookies.

upthemaidens

dont the cats have a tough draw early on?   the argument for 1 premium over another is personal choice.
goodes is old,but hes good.
     out of the top 5-10 premium forwards u really cant go wrong with whomever u take

cortez

Yea true, doesnt anyone know how stevies pre season has been following knee? Um thinking he would of had to have some kind of surgury?

bowyanger

Quote from: cortez on February 03, 2012, 08:59:21 PM
Atm ive got chappy 
Have  goodes and the more i think about it the more i think i should start stevie instead basically cause goodes is 32 now and  i dont know if he can retain his price.

How old is Chappy?

Presto

It also depends on the rest of your team with a forward line so strong (Easily $3.2 milion cost).
I think that this year does not matter if you have strong players from the same team. But it might matter that you have 3 elite fwd players sharing the same bye (12), while the other 2 share bye 12.

cortez

Chappy has just turned 30 so a couple of years younger than goodes. And thanks presto ill do that.

jabroni

geelong, in the first 10 rds, play two 2011 top 8 teams

FREMANTLE
HAWTHORN --> MCG but AFL calling it home game
NORTH MELBOURNE
RICHMOND
BRISBANE LIONS
MELBOURNE
ADELAIDE
COLLINGWOOD  --> MCG
WESTERN BULLDOGS
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

upthemaidens

Quote from: jabroni on February 03, 2012, 10:54:27 PM
geelong, in the first 10 rds, play two 2011 top 8 teams

FREMANTLE
HAWTHORN --> MCG but AFL calling it home game
NORTH MELBOURNE
RICHMOND
BRISBANE LIONS
MELBOURNE ADELAIDE
COLLINGWOOD  --> MCG
WESTERN BULLDOGS
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
i must of been thinking of the hawks draw,,pies and cats first 2 rounds.
the cats have a great start, i might have to re-think my forwards, chappy in for pavstick maybe

cortez

Thst is a very nice draw. Stevie and chappy should both score well. I tbink i will go with thr two cats then i dont have to worry about how i thinj goodes will go. Thanks guys.

theta

Quote from: cortez on February 03, 2012, 11:14:39 PM
Thst is a very nice draw. Stevie and chappy should both score well. I tbink i will go with thr two cats then i dont have to worry about how i thinj goodes will go. Thanks guys.

I'd be more worried how Stevie J goes.  No so great on the durability front. 

Or if you are worried about scoring, Stevie J looks a little more inconsistent than Goodes.

...and sydney have an easier early draw than geelong -  gws, freo, port, nth, haw, ade, rich, mel, stk, bullies.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Adam&surname=Goodes

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Steve&surname=Johnson

cortez

It could goeither way to be honest i reckon. Just luck on if i pick the right one. Both shiuld avg over 100 tho yea?

theta

Quote from: cortez on February 04, 2012, 01:14:58 AM
It could goeither way to be honest i reckon. Just luck on if i pick the right one. Both shiuld avg over 100 tho yea?
Also consider Stevie J in the midfield now, more likely he'll be injured at some stage.

cortez

Why because hes playing midfield mean he'll get injured?

ubeaut

Quote from: cortez on February 03, 2012, 08:59:21 PM
Anyone considering having both stevie j and chappy in the forward line? Both are guns. Atm ive got chappy but dont have stevie. Have  goodes and the more i think about it the more i think i should start stevie instead basically cause goodes is 32 now and  i dont know if he can retain his price. Help please.

My forwards atm are Buddy, Goodes, Pav, Chappy, Martin and 4 rookies.
Just curious as to how you can afford such an awesome starting forward line? Chappy pretty unique A.T.M like that pick. Johson is a little inconsistent maybe he'll come down in price?