Christensen vs. Brown vs. Winderlich

Started by Sparxx, February 03, 2012, 05:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparxx

Which one would you take as the 5th forward. Currently I have Franklin, Martin, Zaharakis and Sidebottom in the forward line.

Christensen looks like he could be in for a big breakout season, especially since Varcoe will be out, he could cement his spot in the first team. Jonathan Brown is coming back from breaking his face...but could be a good pick up at that price for a key forward - but take into consideration he is almost 31. Winderlich is coming back from an injury and could be a good pickup as the 5th forward. He's also 100k cheaper and will free up some cash for me.

Hippo

Mate one is a Premium and the rest are not!!!!

so whats the problem

cortez

cortez

No one is a fallen prem who is getting on in age and the other two are capable of being prems.

Hippo

haha i could name shower loads that are capable of being one - but until they are all they have is potential that has not been filled as yet!

The other bloke is a prem for the last decade who had a yr of injurys that have nothing to do with what you use to play AFL (unless  looking pretty makes you play better, in that case he would have been flowered a long time ago)

i see Dangerfield all over again in Christensen!

The other bloke has a bung knee and has never played more than 19 games or ever avg over 100

Brown has Terminator face and a full preseason under his belt, is the toughest player in the comp who has not avg under 97 since 2004 (excluding last yr of course)

decision is easy for me

but we will agree to disagree

JamSainter

Quote from: Hippo on February 03, 2012, 05:49:01 PM
haha i could name shower loads that are capable of being one - but until they are all they have is potential that has not been filled as yet!

The other bloke is a prem for the last decade who had a yr of injurys that have nothing to do with what you use to play AFL (unless  looking pretty makes you play better, in that case he would have been flowered a long time ago)

i see Dangerfield all over again in Christensen!

The other bloke has a bung knee and has never played more than 19 games or ever avg over 100

Brown has Terminator face and a full preseason under his belt, is the toughest player in the comp who has not avg under 97 since 2004 (excluding last yr of course)

decision is easy for me

but we will agree to disagree

Great call, I 100% agree with you here! Brown all the way.

cortez

Very true but brown has had a lot of injuries over tbe past 5 years. I cant see him playing 22 games. And as for bundy the kid is all class to compare him to young dangerfield is an insult to the kid. And your first point is what makes this game so much fun. Everybody has different opinions on which players will be the next prems and when you pick em its great.

roo boys!

I think Brown is the best pick of the lot. The injuries he has had won't really affect his performance whatsoever, and we all know what he is capable of when he can get out on the park regularly. At the price he is at it's hard to not try him out. The others are also well worth a look. I have Brown and Christensen in my team, and Winderlich came pretty close to staying in my team...

bowyanger

Christo

1) Is in a team of stars so will not get tagged as hard compared to Chappy & Stokes as a small forward
2) The ball will be down his end a lot
3) Browny wont get the ball down to him much, when it does come down...he will be the #1 focus = triple teamed = hard for a bloke thats 31 against a more agile & younger opponent/s
4) Winderlich plays in the same team as Missy Higgins, Gumby & Drummond...The never consider team unless they are on sale for 150K

Dangerpants has never had the quality of teamates around him that Christo does..its so much easier to get the ball in a team of guns....and your confidence is sky high when you win all the time = playing better

When you play with lots of good players...you lift as a player also

Usman

All are interesting.

Brown is a champ but he plays CHF, a position that could potenially shorten his career eapecially combined with his agressive play. But all players are different so you cant take much from that. You would think he would avg 90+ so that warrrants selection in my books. But he will be inconsistent when he plays well/scores well brisbane win, when he doesnt they dont or you could look into it visa versa as in he will score well IF brisbane win, not him playing/scoring well SO they win.

Christensen is a ripper young player and will be a ball magnet when released into the midfield, is that breakout year this year?? i say a mini break out which will derive from less games as sub and more game time when the game is on the line, lets face it geelong had most games sewn up when he came on as sub so there are less point available for him. However will Geelong be as good this year?? i will predict a 75-85 avg. not in my team yet but things could change.

Winderlich can score big because he gets possesions, tackles and can impact the scoreboard but his poor disposal does mean he is not the best SC player. however he has his days and can do it all when he does so  if he has an injury free season he could avg 90+ because he will play in the middle. he is injury prone though so it is a risk.

upthemaidens

people seem worried about browns age,, brent harvey is turning 72 this year and still averages 100 points a game

meow meow

Windowlick is coming off a knee reco, didn't score that well when he played as a forward last year, and has team mates such as colyer and melky pushing for more midfield time. Pass.

Brown = one of the few forwards capable of 140+ scores. Will be inconsistant though. I've got Brisbane improving a heap this year, and this man will reap the rewards. Coleman medalist.

Christensen = GUN. Should average 80-85 so you'll make money on him. Won't be a keeper but he's not bad as a mid pricer.

bowyanger

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2012, 07:30:24 PM
people seem worried about browns age,, brent harvey is turning 72 this year and still averages 100 points a game
And Boomer & Browny play the same postion and have the same physique

Great input there

upthemaidens

Quote from: bowyanger on February 03, 2012, 07:47:39 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 03, 2012, 07:30:24 PM
And Boomer & Browny play the same postion and have the same physique

Great input there
alright then geez,, u got the painters around or something?

bowyanger

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2012, 07:38:44 PM

I've got Brisbane improving a heap this year, and this man will reap the rewards. Coleman medalist.

Bahahahaha

Can we somehow do a bet for this?

Im offering you 20 / 1 for the Coleman...

I have Paypal...its gotta be worth burning a redback

How can Brisbane improve? They have lost Clarke and gained brown.
Power is gone
Black is another year older
Staker wont play all year

Who will take the pressure off Browny?

Brisbane bottom 4 ...ill give you 20 / 1 for that also