2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2

tassieguns

yorgis

6 of one, 1/2 dozen the other and 5=1 the other other. if only we knew

nichsa673

JamSainter

Purple 77

Jack "Good Times" Grimes, surely he won't go under a 5th horrid injury year?

Think the newly appointed captaincy will do a treat for him

Talisman

Like Grimes, but he's never actually proven himself a season-long top scorer. Whereas Lake has - admittedly he had the year from hell last year, but he's back on the park & most importantly got a new coach (as it seemed the old one had completely lost faith in him by the end)... I'm really struggling with this price range for the backs as well. I'm currently on Lake, but that could easily change as the preseason wears on...

ubeaut

Quote from: JamSainter on February 03, 2012, 06:35:43 PM
Courtenay Dempsey!
Ha! If he wasn't so injury prone would be a good pickup. Does't play enough games but then again either does Grimes. Grimes much better player/ S.C scorer though.

Mozza3

theta

Grimes
Whats with all the love for Grimes?  Way too injury prone for me.  I saw an interview with him a year or 2 back - he said he has low core strength.  Low core strength = injuries.  Dont get me wrong, I hope he kills it, but re safety I'd rather go Malceski with his bionic knee than Grimes.  Anyone got any progress reports re how he's travelling this preseason after stress fracture in his foot?  I assume well considering his new captaincy role.

Waters
Might lift his average above 80 again, but also too injury prone for me.  What happnened to him last year?  Was it his elbow again?

Lake
Yes

Grima
When he plays more than 17 games in a season I'll consider him.

Dempsey
Risky to back him after his knee recon.  Same goes for Hayes imo.

JamSainter

Quote from: theta on February 04, 2012, 07:16:02 PM
Grimes
Whats with all the love for Grimes?  Way too injury prone for me.  I saw an interview with him a year or 2 back - he said he has low core strength.  Low core strength = injuries.  Dont get me wrong, I hope he kills it, but re safety I'd rather go Malceski with his bionic knee than Grimes.  Anyone got any progress reports re how he's travelling this preseason after stress fracture in his foot?  I assume well considering his new captaincy role.

Waters
Might lift his average above 80 again, but also too injury prone for me.  What happnened to him last year?  Was it his elbow again?

Lake
Yes

Grima
When he plays more than 17 games in a season I'll consider him.

Dempsey
Risky to back him after his knee recon.  Same goes for Hayes imo.

How can you just say 'yes' to Lake??? I would not go near him. Ageing body, ageing appetite for the game. No thanks. Grimes is now the Co Captain of Melbourne. His average would have been roughly 100 if you take out the game where he scored 14 against Adelaide and got a foot injury. He is a lock for me if NAB Cup is decent.

Big_Cox14

Out of those three options I would probably go Grimes > Waters > Lake

Jake8