Other competitions for me to win?

Started by Ziplock, February 03, 2012, 04:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

So guys, I've taken it into my head this year that I'm going to win the big prizes from every free afl competition out there (mwhahahahahaa- spewing to be the rest of you chumps :P )

anyway, I've already either signed up for or expressed interest in

DT
SC
sportal
sportsbet
y!

any others you guys know about for me to win?

cheers :P

Hawka

gwilliams

I'm pretty sure that Wide World of Sports, http://footytipping.wwos.com.au/ had a fantasy comp last year for prizes (same rules as www.footytips.com.au)

Hasn't started for 2012 yet though.

Ziplock

Bazinga

Quote from: gwilliams on February 05, 2012, 04:50:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that Wide World of Sports, http://footytipping.wwos.com.au/ had a fantasy comp last year for prizes (same rules as www.footytips.com.au)

Hasn't started for 2012 yet though.

I did WWOS last year for about 3 weeks ... it is the worst fantasy setup I have come across, and if it's the same again this year I would strongly advise against wasting your time with it ...

Anyone know if Fox Sports are doing their own fantasy footy this year? I know they tagged along with Supercoach last year, but they aren't this year and I haven't seen any advertisements for their own product. Maybe with the launch of fox footy they will also launch their fantasy footy??

Sportsbet is the most important one for me ... only 3,600 players last season (less than 1,000 of these would be serious) and the top prize is $10k large. There are also weekly and monthly prizes, and a $1k cash prize for the highest ranking league. We should max out our leagues with FF players and surely we would win the best league  :)

daniels mate

agree - WWOS is a joke - don't waste your time

Ziplock

Bazinga

Quote from: Ziplock on February 09, 2012, 09:24:09 PM
what was so bad about it?
The whole setup was very amateur. All I remember is that it wasn't user friendly, and the scoring system and trades were unrealistic.

Feel free to try it .. you will soon work out what I am talking about :P

gwilliams

If you know that you are going to win it  ;) and there is a prize, then you're not wasting your time. I was in a crappier fantasy comp on Bet247 a couple of years ago and won $4K for coming 3rd (+ $100 for winning a week).

The WWOS comp had some good features, player trades up to the time of each player's game each weekend, 2 free trades per week, extra ones cost you 50pts each (out of your score for the week) - so you can cover part of those last minute donuts/subs. I think the scoring system was the same as DT. Only 2300 players last year to increase your odds of winning.

meow meow

Join sportsbet and bet on SC stuff, and join sportingbet and bet on DT stuff.