Wards weapons dilema! need some smart advice please!

Started by wardie, July 27, 2009, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardie

My team currently is:

BACK
enright, Hodge, hurn, , goddard, broughton, grimes, drummond  (raines,p.burgoyne )

MID
Ablett, Lids, Bartel, j.selwood, pandles, dal santo (muston, anthony)

RUCK
Hmac, white (COX, jacobs)

FORWARD
pav, J.brown, Buddy, S.jono, Fev, Higgins, m.clarke (walker Brown)

With 3 trades left and 145k left i was considering the following trades to finish my team and hold 1 trade for LTI in finals series...

COX - Jolly
Higgins - Roo

also considering getting sandi instrad os jolly but will only leave me with about 5k in bank after roo trade if i do that.

Thoughts on that or sit on trades till finals time? Hoping that SJ will be back so he can cover higgins until trade time anway.

tony73

I would hold off both untill finals then you will be in a good position, if any higgins to roo but hold  on Cox.

I am in the same position but hoping Skipworth gets a game to cover Higgins and White gets more than 4 next week!

I am contemplating Higgins to Goodwin or Davis, already got Roo when Warren went down!

wardie

Thanks tony,

after considering the situation i thought i would do the higgins to roo trade as i was trying to work out which forward i shuold upgrade to roo but i think choice has been made for me.

Can always to the ruck trade later in finals as WHITE should poll more than 4 every week and be good cover until the final verdict on cox is out.

wardie

Hondo71

With only 3 trades left I'd deal with Higgins first and hope Cox comes back which would save the trade given you have White as cover.

Higgins - Roo (I think you have enough cash for this)

It's a great midfield + Anthony as cover.  You are exposed in your backs with Grimes, Raines and Burgoyne.  That's why I'd hold that 19th trade on Cox just to see what else happens.

wardie

will do the hig to roo trade i do have cash for that.

Hold the cox trade as i think i want sandi anyway and with a b/e of 145 he should come down in value anyway so i can make that trade in first week of finals or after if cox does not return.

Your rigt wit backs, they have been the strong part of my team for most of the year but Pburgoyne and grimes going down has been costly.

Who would be a good replacement for one of them should i have to trade. Thinking NEWMAN?? hoping that burgoyne is back this week and grimes injury is only minor.

nas

If it was me i would sit or if i had to & looking at the team it would be a back trade as all the rest is covered. This would leave you then with 2 trades. IMO

wardie

i know what your saying however i think if i don't get roo i will miss the boat and not be able to afford him at all as he should go up this week in value meaning he will be out of reach.

With finals starting the following week that means i could be withing the most consistant forward  for the duration of finals.

Not sure you can win without him when basically my whole leauge has him.

nas

Ok then but if you do that & say grimes raines & purgoyne don't play this week again that means a donut & puts you behind the ball of a player scoring as said before every thing else is covered IMHO

wardie

MMM... i am sitting 2 games clear on top of table so i can't lose spot and i am playing 2nd this week. You have me thinking now.

Not really worried about winning this week but it would be nice. I think the players i have in backline are worth enough that should i have to trade i should be able to get anyone in 2nd week of finals should i have to.

thinking this week

HIGGINS - ROO

next week.

COX-SANSI
GRIMES/BURG-NEWMAN should i have to.

nas

& still on the topic of the backs:- Rumour Broughton has a niggling injury so could mean 2 donuts.

Mate your call, me 1 back out & say a fisher/gilbert/newman/ in.

Hate to see any other injury in the back then you are really up that creek.

2 games clear := Do nothing & do a FONZIE "Sit on It".

wardie

think your right. I can prob get the ROO trade in 2nd week of finals as he should have dropped off slightly in cores by then (HOPEFULLY!) and that will also leave me with options in ruck and backline.

Hoping thet grimes/bourgoyne will be back but judging by the form burgoyne is in 2's he will not be back anytime soon.

Will make $$ off any of the back/ruck trades so can prob afford roo at a later stage should i waqnt to get him.