Bit of a dilemma......

Started by Jay, February 02, 2012, 04:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Okay so ive come to the stage where im trying to balance out my team...i feel i have a stacked forward line but backs is a bit weak

So i could trade either steveJ or Pav to nroo then id be able to upgrade lake to grimes.....or i could go even cheaper than nroo and try and turn clarke or bower into grimes???

If seeing my team would enable you to give advice then here it is in all its glory: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46721.0.html

Thanks in advance

Bluesalltheway

I'd trade pav. Hes only getting older which should see his scores drop. Dont trade lake, he is a bargain at that price. Id upgrade someone else.

Ziplock

however, lyon has said pav will be moving to a perma forward role, where he averages nearly 10+ than he does in the mids :P

Jay

Quote from: Bluesalltheway on February 02, 2012, 05:15:55 PM
I'd trade pav. Hes only getting older which should see his scores drop. Dont trade lake, he is a bargain at that price. Id upgrade someone else.
i think pav is a good choice and with what ziplock said
Quote from: Ziplock on February 02, 2012, 05:32:59 PMhowever, lyon has said pav will be moving to a perma forward role, where he averages nearly 10+ than he does in the mids :P
i think he's in for a good year! But i agree with you saying lake is a bargain but potentially arent clarke and bower.......

cortez

um staying away from these potential bargains. prems and rookies all the way!!! id keep pav, bloke us a gun!

Jay

Quote from: cortez on February 02, 2012, 05:47:23 PM
um staying away from these potential bargains. prems and rookies all the way!!! id keep pav, bloke us a gun!
im not convinced on the prem. rookie structure...i think that paying an extra 100k and getting a bloke whose played the game before and had a good sc average will be more reliable than most of the rooks........of course there are some good rookoe options amd i have a few on my field but IMO 2012 is year of mid-pricer! And yeah ill keep pav but i want stevie as well....might have to stick with this backline and cross my fingers ;) i still think I can only have 2 of lake clarke and bower tho and i also know having both grimes and lake is a bit risky ahhhh the decisions of supercoach

Jay

Think ill stick with steveJ and pav.. :P.and hope my "bargains" in my backs pay off  :P

Purple 77

Its weird, because, if you look at pav's history as a SC player, he's a superstar. Plain and simple. But he's getting old and you'd think his slump in form is coming.

I have him currently in my team, but not with much confidence. I'd choose Stevie J over him (also in my team), therefore i say downgrade pav to  n roo and upgrade lake to grimes.

Have you got JB? If not, will downgrading pav to him give you enough money to upgrade bower to grimes? If so, do that IMO

Jay

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 03, 2012, 09:58:42 AM
Its weird, because, if you look at pav's history as a SC player, he's a superstar. Plain and simple. But he's getting old and you'd think his slump in form is coming.

I have him currently in my team, but not with much confidence. I'd choose Stevie J over him (also in my team), therefore i say downgrade pav to  n roo and upgrade lake to grimes.

Have you got JB? If not, will downgrading pav to him give you enough money to upgrade bower to grimes? If so, do that IMO
yeah pav is getting older but hasnt shown any drop in scores...may bring in chappy for him/steveJ tho???

And yeah i do have jb so nroo is the only real lowpremium/high midpricer i could go for with confidence...grimes may still be a risk tho but probly a lesser one than lake...and is it worth losing that fwd super premmium?