Rate me SC team please =)

Started by Situation, February 02, 2012, 12:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Situation

It would be appreciated of people could rate my team and help with any improvements.

Cheers.

Back: Goddard B, Deledio B, Waters B, Grimes J, Lake B, Clarke M, Bower P Frost S, Ellis B

Mid: Mitchell S, Beams D, Martin D, Barlow M, Hayes L, Coniglio S Tyson D, Brown L

Ruck: Sandilands A, Smith Z Giles J, Stephensen O

For: Franklin L, Sidebottom S, Watts J, Brown J, Winderlich J, Byrnes S, Pfeiffer D Haynes N, Zorko D

$102,100 left

juzztheball

Far too many mid-priced players that could prove to be underperformers for my liking... There are some much better options

Situation

What do you recommend? Cheers =D We have a $500 bet on our league so I can't lose! haha

juzztheball

Back: Goddard B, Deledio B, Waters B, Grimes J, Lake B, Clarke M, Bower P Frost S, Ellis B

Mid: Mitchell S, Beams D, Martin D, Barlow M, Hayes L, Coniglio S Tyson D, Brown L

For: Franklin L, Sidebottom S, Watts J, Brown J, Winderlich J, Byrnes S, Pfeiffer D Haynes N, Zorko D

The bold are the players i'd be looking for other options. Normally, when im picking my side, as a general rule i only choose premiums and rookies. During the season, as the rookies rise in price, i trade them in for more premiums, effectively having a team of 500,000-700,000 players by the end of the season.

Grimes is too injury prone for me, and there are better options than Waters. Overall though youre backline is OK.

Your mids has room for improvement. Beams and Martin are too hot/cold for my liking. They are too risky when there is a pool of superstars to choose from which will not let your team down. Barlow and Hayes are both coming off broken legs. Again, both risky, but might pay off. I personally wouldnt take the risk.

Z Smith could be OK, but id be opting to spend an extra 100k and get someone like Leunberger, or another 50k and get someone like Mumford or Goldstein who are going to churn you out 100+ every game.

Your forwards... arent great. I wouldn't touch Sidebottom. I dont like him, he doesnt do enough for me and Collingwood have enough ballwinners to keep him from constantly earning you good scores. Watts, could be his breakthrough year, might not be. See what happens. Too risky again. Winderlich and Byrnes, yuck. Trade them both in and spend it on someone like Steve Johnson and another rookie.

Thats my advice. Im no professional, just putting my 10c worth in. Good luck with it all :)

Matt

Fedor

Quote from: juzztheball on February 02, 2012, 01:21:09 PM

The bold are the players i'd be looking for other options. Normally, when im picking my side, as a general rule i only choose premiums and rookies. During the season, as the rookies rise in price, i trade them in for more premiums, effectively having a team of 500,000-700,000 players by the end of the season.

This. Pretty much what I thought. Take out Waters and Grimes, replace them with some genuinely gun players.

For the midfield, definitely get rid of Beams, no where near worth it. Martin would be good to keep but at least move him to the fwd line. Barlow and Hayes are both underpriced guns, but you should probably just pick one of them. I'm leaning towards Barlow, but downgrade whichever you don't like down to a rookie. Then you'll have the cash to turn Beams into Supergun Gazza or another superstar.

Take out, pretty much all those in bold in the fwd line. Replace them with guns and rookies. I hear Chapman is tearing up training.

juzztheball

I hear Chapman is tearing up training.
[/quote]

And most likely his hamstrings

cortez

i also hear he hasnt done his hammy in 2 years....

Situation

hahah cheers for the help boys, i'll make them trades this arvy and get back to you with my new dominating team!

Situation

This is my new team boys. For some reason I think it's worse? =S

I think my backline is horrible, I'll have a look at hayes and barlow in the pre season and see how they go watts also.

Back: Goddard B, Deledio B, Lake B, Clarke M, Bower P Frost S, Ellis B Mohr T, Smedts B

Mid:Ablett G, Swallow A, Gibbs B, Barlow M, Hayes L, Coniglio STyson D, Brown L

Ruck: Sandilands A, Leunberger M Giles J, Stephensen O

For: Franklin L, Johnson S, Chapman P, Watts J, Brown J, Hayndes N, Pfeiffer D Zorko D, Treloar A

juzztheball

God no thats leaps and bounds better than it was!! Not 100% sure on Gibbsy, i think you've got better options there. Then again if he plays freely he will rack the points up, just didnt like the tagging role he played during last year, really struggled SC wise. But other than that, well improved.

Big_Cox14

Your new team looks better. You're backline needs 1 more premium IMO. There's a lot of quality rookie mids that will be cash cows. To improve your backline maybe downgrade one of Hayes or Barlow to a rookie.

Hayes & Barlow have come off lengthy injuries and having both in your team is risky but could also pay off big time.

Rucks are fine.

Forwards - Not completely sold on Watts at this stage. Apart from that forwards are alright.