Need Advice

Started by GoLions, February 02, 2012, 12:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

OK so this is my team so far:

Def- Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Fisher, Grimes, Wojcinski, Davis, (Buntine, King-Wilson)
Mids- Rockliff, Mitchell, Hayes, Barlow, Hampton, McDonald, (Magner, L Brown)
Ruck- Leuenberger, Kreuzer, (Pattison, Giles)
Fwd- Brown, Power, Staker, Clark, Porplyzia, Hale, A  Kennedy, (Kerridge, Couch)

I have $180,500 remaining and am thinking of bringing in a better forward.
Any other ideas?

j959

Quote from: GoLions on February 02, 2012, 12:00:28 PM
OK so this is my team so far:

Def- Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Fisher, Grimes, Wojcinski, Davis, (Buntine, King-Wilson)
Mids- Rockliff, Mitchell, Hayes, Barlow, Hampton, McDonald, (Magner, L Brown)
Ruck- Leuenberger, Kreuzer, (Pattison, Giles)
Fwd- Brown, Power, Staker, Clark, Porplyzia, Hale, A  Kennedy, (Kerridge, Couch)

I have $180,500 remaining and am thinking of bringing in a better forward.
Any other ideas?
g'day GL,

Def: just watch Scotland after 'brawl' issue; Wojo = no; Buntine may be a bit much to pay for a bench-warmer??
Mids: haven't heard much of Hampton before (but not criticising); is Magner on rookie list? if yes, will need to be promoted first - i'd like to see one of the top3 in here to give you a 'dead cert' captain choice each week - though suppose Mitchell could be that?
Rucks: no issues
Fwd: are solid but it looks 'weak' - don't think they gave enough of a discount to Power to make it worth you risking; think you have to put a line thru Staker - didn't he get injured again for this presason?? Clark iffy - don't think Hale will be worth it (even if you're doing a R/F link) - who's Couch? (just checking)

-1 for Scotland (top dollar and preseason risk), Wojo (not worth age risk) and Buntine premium rook price
-0.5 for no top3 prospect (Swan, Pendles, GAJ, etc) - not saying you need all 3 but one will prob help ...
-2.5 for Brown, Power, Staker, Clark - inj/age risk and Hale not worth it - i don't know Kennedy ...

Totals 6/10 - whoa! that's pretty harsh but no point in me holding back cos that would not help you ...  ;)

good luck mate!

GoLions

cheers mate. i had already gotten rid of staker and power for chappy and zorko anyway, so i guess we were on the same page there. i totally forgot about that brawl thing with scotland, so ive played it safe and replaced him with shaw. i originally had pendles in my team but i think $700,000 is too much so i dropped him. Not a fan of swan in SC, but a must for DT. might try and get gaj in my side.