Same as everyone else, looking for some first draft team advice!

Started by juzztheball, February 02, 2012, 11:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juzztheball

Backs: B Goddard, B Deledio, C Yarran, D Heppell, B Lake, M Clark, T Mohr (B Smedts, B Wilkes)
Mids: G Abblett (C), J Selwood (V), J Watson, S Thompson, D Shiel, H Crozier (L Brown, E Cavanagh)
Rucks: A Sandilans, J Roughead (J Giles, O Stephensen)
Fwds: L Franklin, S Johnson, M Pavlich, J Brown, J Porplyzia, D Zorko, A Treloar (M Panos, D Walsh)

Im not 100% sure on the Franklin/Johnson fwd combo at that price, but i couldnt find anything better...

Also after some assistance with the rookies, have i chosen all the right ones, or are there better options at this early point in the season??

Any help is appreciated!

ando_10

yep i like it mate unsure if crozier will play early porpes is still a bit iffy yarran might get found out a bit more this year and could effect his scores

8/10

alexross

I agree with ando about Crozier.

Stay away from roughhead. Dont think he will go into a rucking role and that injury will be hard for him to come back from.

juzztheball

Okay, so going off your guys help, which would be the better option?

1) Roughead > Leunberger
Crozier > J McDonald

2) Roughead > Derickx (Put Giles on field)
Crozier > J McDonald
Porplyzia > Any forward of my choice

Thanks guys  :)

juzztheball

To add to that, none of the forwards really excite me... Apart from possibly NRoo at 470k

alexross

Im a fan of the set and forget rule with rucks. so i would go with the first option.

juzztheball

Hmm okay, i had Z Smith for most of last year and that worked a treat for me... So id be willing to take a risk on having a rookie ruck start on the field, especially with another new team. Maybe not so much next year when theres no starting ruckmen at 120k

juzztheball

Backs: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Scotland, D Heppell, B Lake, M Clark, T Mohr (B Smedts, B Wilkes)
Mids: G Abblett (C), J Selwood (V), J Watson, S Thompson, D Shiel, J McDonald (L Brown, E Cavanagh)
Rucks: A Sandilans, J Giles (J Derickx, O Stephensen)
Fwds: L Franklin, S Johnson, M Pavlich, J Brown, D Zaharakis, D Zorko, A Treloar (M Panos, D Walsh)

Any better??

Madmax75

Backs: good but not sure on Heppel. Very rarely can 2nd year players become keepers or make enough money. Lake watch during nab cup.
Mids: Watsons history of hammys puts me off picking him but I like the differential with Thompson.
Rucks: agree with set and forget strategy I had Cox Sandi then Cox mummy
For: Pav I think Cloke will outscore him and they are similar priced but can understand pav. I always considered Stevie j too inconsistent but anyone who can go from having his knee bent like he did and come back fully fit in a week is either on something or a freak (prob the latter) Brown ob a risk but one I'm taking too.
Overall I'd say 7.5 to 8 out of 10 with points lost in my humble opinion for ruck spot 2 Watson and Heppel. However like your overall structure with some mid price risk such as lake to go with what is a basically guns rookies. Good luck !

juzztheball

Thanks for your in depth analysis Max :) took your advice on Jobe (had him last year and he hurt me, not sure why i opted for him again)

Backs: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Scotland, D Heppell, B Lake, M Clark, T Mohr (B Smedts, B Wilkes)
Mids: G Abblett (C), M Murphy (V), J Selwood, S Thompson, D Shiel, J McDonald (L Brown, E Cavanagh)
Rucks: A Sandilans, J Giles (J Derickx, O Stephensen)
Fwds: L Franklin, S Johnson, M Pavlich, J Brown, D Zaharakis, D Zorko, A Treloar (M Panos, D Walsh)

As far as heppel goes, im not 100% sure on him either, but i figured he was the only defender around 450k capable of actually rising in price with a good average.

Again, had to take a punt on the rucks because the extra 400k improved my team dramatically (i think)

cortez

Great team mate. im going with heppell. i reckon he is selwood, fyfe and martin type where the second year rule doesnt apply.

Sparxx

I dont know why people insist with Mohr. I was under the impression that he'd be playing as a KP defender alongside Phil Davis, and I was also under the impression that KP defenders don't rack up the points unless your name is B.Lake.

I'd rather go with someone like Brandon Ellis or Steve Morris from Richmond as the 7th defender.