first draft 2012!

Started by jk18, February 01, 2012, 08:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk18

backline: goddard, deledio, broughton, lake, clarke, docherty, ellis.. mohr, smedts

midfield: ablett, boyd, selwood, barlow, miles, shiel.. kavanagh, mitchell

rucks: leuenberger, ryder.. giles, stephenson

forward: franklin, fyfe, johnson, martin, brown, saad, treloar.. milera, zorko

Bank: 110k left

2nd year doing supercoach, wouldnt mind some thoughts on this team?

Luigi197

Mate, this is a great team.

Even lines all round, with a few risky uniques in there to spice it up, without messing it up. You've got the standard premiums locks, and you've got the popular rookies. You've even got 100k left!

The only concern would be Ryder, but as an Essendon supporter, i am very critical in our players form! (except for Watson, everyone loves Watson ;D )

Rate your team: 10/10
!! :D !! Spot on !! :) !!

jk18

thanks mate, yeah was thinking of trading out ryder and chucking in leuenberger with the 110k left, but wasnt to sure if it was worth it. and i desperately wanted to give watson a run, i think he will have a great year, but didnt go to well with the byes in the midfield. see how we go :)

jk18

not leuenberger, meant to say sandilands!!

PICCOLLO

Solid but watch fyfe and stevie j in Nab as theyve had dodgy preseasons.  Am an essendon supporter too and Ryder will make you laugh one week and cry the next.  I wouldnt get aboard that rollercoaster.

Luigi197

Sandi, Berger, all the same ;)

But now that you mention the byes, i should confess i have not been mentioning the byes in my commenting of team, often because people dont mention it, and also because it is quite difficult to memorise the bye fixture. But when i do coment on the byes, i really just say to generally stay even'ish' on the amount of players in your team that have a bye for each of the 3 bye rounds (i.e even as 9/10/11). You can find that out if you put it in the FanPlanner.

jk18

thanks mate fixed it up, what do you think about buntine and mcdonald starting in round 1 and keeping their spot?

Luigi197

haha dont quiz me on GWS players. So far the only thing i do is look at how many games each player from GWS has played and at what level, but especially for the rookies, i have no idea if they are first team material or if they are a player who will attract SC points.

I am sure McDonald will play as he is experienced, but dont know much at all about Buntine.