rate my squad

Started by badsetanta, February 01, 2012, 08:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badsetanta

going for an even spread so far this year

backs- goddard, deliedio, enright, drummond, lake, m clarke, b ellis, bench- mohr curran

mids- pendlebury, ablett, swan, barlow, j macdonald, d zorko bench- shiel kavanagh

rucks- leunberger, naitanui - giles stephensen

forwards- r okeefe, martin, cloke, sylvia, winderlich smedts cameron bench- treloar t walsh

will probably change the sylvia winderlich combo and try fit rioli in thoughts??

Luigi197

Not too sure on Drummond and am keen to ask into why you have picked him? Very injury prone and doesn't complete seasons, plus isn't the biggest and most consistent scorer.

Although Pendlebury, Ablett and Swan are all great picks, they are the highest three midfielders, and it could backfire if at least one of them starts off mediocrely. I would advise one of trade one of those pies to a someone who is less likely to drop in price due to not achieving their breakeven.

Your fwd line is a bit risky for a few reasons. Martin is GOOD. While ROK has good and average patches, and the key with him is to get him at a base price where he really cant get any worse, when at that stage, his poor patch would've been gotten out of the way, and his good scores would start racking up again, as will his price increase. Hence i would not start with him, as he hardly ever starts off great for more than a few rounds. Cloke, is just Cloke.. Every year us SC'ers would hope he would turn his game around, but i think it is too late. Even if he does start scoring more goals, i think that is all we will see with him; not many SC points IMO will be gathered from Cloke apart from his mark-on-leads, contested marks and goals. Sylvia is very injury prone and i am pretty sure has some illness which will never go away, and can spark up at any random stages, hence playing professional sport will increase his change of injury. And Winderlich, coming from a bombers fan, just doesn't have the goods to score SC points, goals, or let alone rise in value.
Look to get those solid and locked premiums (2 or 3) that everyone has, then get a unique and a mid-pricer.

Rate your team: 7/10
-A lot of the points lost in the fwd line.

badsetanta

yeah taking a risk with drummond, disagree with his scoring it is very good when he's up and running, hoping he makes money early on, will be back to his role as sweeper and taking kickouts, adcock should return to mediocrity and drummond will take his points plus some thus restoring the natural s.c balance till he gets injured again

agree on r okeefe , winderlich is definately underpriced however should ave round the 85 mark if fully recovered from knee but starting to think that the porpoise may be a better option

Luigi197

Hoping he makes money early on until he is injured is fine by me :) Although i do find it interesting that you think Adcock will return to mediocrity.
If you truly think that Winderlich has recovered, than i would get him so long as he is not too pricey (what is his price tag may i ask), as although he is classed as a fwd, i know he plays in the mid!

badsetanta

he's 302k very cheap and named as a forward, risky but possible cash cow

badsetanta

my theory on pendles, ablett, and swan is get them early while u still can barlow is the cream hopefully

badsetanta

have changed forwards to pavlich - rioli  martin cloke porplyzia

Luigi197

Good changes, especially the fwds :)