N Fyfe
H Ballantyne
A Christensen
T Milera
D Zorko
Subs:
A Saad
N Haynes

Please give feedback and be harsh if need be :) Its only a work in progress... I am really unsure about gilbee butthing he might be a good smoky as noone will have him this year... maybe haha cheers guys

Regards your local hot jalapeno ;D

stew42

It's gonna be a pleasure competing against you this year, BRING IT  8)

A few tips:

1. Mids are where the best scorers are. So don't put fwds and backs there!!! Move Martin to your fwds, and try to bring in at least one of GAJ and Swannie.

2. No Saad. He is just a small fwd in a team that already has Milne.

3. Gilbee could pull off...

I'll let you work out the rest for yourself...  ;)

Jalapeno

Cool thanks for the feed back mate :) Yeah gilbee is a bit of a iffy pick and probably wont stay in my team. I did want one of the 2 BIG boys in there but dont know where to free up the cash.

stew42

Turn Gilbee into a rook, then upgrade Martin. If you still need more cash, consider someone cheaper than Goldy as your 1st ruck. Goldy's scores will be diluted heavily by the presence of H-Mac and Petrie...

Jalapeno

Very true i did not thinm of that. Nice cheers bud

Scrads

ok this is what i would do.

Backs: Suckling, Hanley, Gilbee, Grimes are 4 pretty steady risks, I would only go with 2 of these, 3 at the absolute max and Gilbee would be first off the block IMO. Also could downgrade Buntine to a cheaper rook if you want the extra cash.

Mids: No Swan or Ablett ? this needs to be fixed. You need AT LEAST one of them starting, but preferably both. Shuey could be an ok pick but I doubt he will be a top 10 mid so I would upgrade or downgrade him. As good as Coniglio should be, I also would save his extra price tag and go with a cheaper option, there are plenty of those. Martin needs to move to your forward line, you shouldnt waste valuable midfield spots on players you can pick elsewhere. Also, as a Hawks supporter I would think Hallahan wont get any more than like, 3 or 4 games this year barring a senior LTI, so I would get someone else like Stevens, Kavanagh, Mitchell etc

Rucks: Its hard to tell whether Goldy can back up last years performance with both Petrie and Hmac in the side, so I suggest you go with someone like Jacobs, McEvoy or Mummy, or even Hmac.

Forwards: Not too bad, I would only go with one out of Christensen and Ballantyne (you can upgrade the other to Martin), watch out for Fyfe because he has had surgery over the preseason and obviously keep watch of the best rookies during the NAB/round 1 teams.

Jalapeno

Ok, So this is where im at now. The first team was just a rough outline of what i was after. This looks a fair bit stronger i think... Any feedback please :)

Defenders:
B Goddard
M Suckling
P Hanley
J Grimes
B Waters
M Buntine
M Clarke
Subs:
T Bugg
B Wilkes

Mids:
D Swan
J Selwood
S Thompson
L Shuey
S Coniglio
M Hallahan
Subs
D Shiel
A Treloar

Ruck:
M Leuenberger
M Kreuzer
Subs:
J Giles
O Stephensen

Forwards:
L Franklin
D Beams
N Fyfe
D Martin
A Christensen
T Milera
D Zorko
Subs:
A Saad
B Smedts

Any thoughts guys??

stew42

Now this is going to be a challenge... :)

ShaynoB

Quote from: Jalapeno on February 01, 2012, 03:58:57 PM
Ok, So this is where im at now. The first team was just a rough outline of what i was after. This looks a fair bit stronger i think... Any feedback please :)

Defenders:
B Goddard
M Suckling
P Hanley
J Grimes
B Waters
M Buntine
M Clarke
Subs:
T Bugg
B Wilkes

Mids:
D Swan
J Selwood
S Thompson
L Shuey
S Coniglio
M Hallahan
Subs
D Shiel
A Treloar

Ruck:
M Leuenberger
M Kreuzer
Subs:
J Giles
O Stephensen

Forwards:
L Franklin
D Beams
N Fyfe
D Martin
A Christensen
T Milera
D Zorko
Subs:
A Saad
B Smedts

Any thoughts guys??

I know DT is built on risks and being different (only way to win the FJ) but just a few thoughts...

Hanley, Grimes, Waters, Shuey, Kruezer, Beams and Chriso r all risks or unproven! I would downgrade 1 of the backs and then upgrade another. I know u have gone Shuey as maybe a point of difference but Barlow is only 10k more and will surely avg more throughtout the season. Dont rate Kreuzer at all, but thats just me personally and its not that i dont like Beams and Chriso... i would just monitor very closely thru NAB cup.

Sorry about some negativity but just throwing my 2 cents in