My first team for 2012

Started by Jay, February 01, 2012, 08:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Really dont think my team is perfect...need some advice :-)

Luigi197

Quote from: Jayman on February 02, 2012, 09:50:44 AM
Okay so ive made my team more bye-friendly and also upgraded my forwards, so what do you think?

Well my team is as followed with $6,200 remaining:

Def: goddard delidio h.shaw heppel lake m.clarke bower <Mohr docherty>
Mid: murphy gablett J-Selwood barlow shiel zorko <l.brown t.mitchell>
Ruc: leuyberger giles <pattison stephenson>
Fwd: buddy steveJ pav d.martin j.brown porps smedts <treloar rowe>

Now I dont know your definition of bye friendly, but what i would say is to make it kinda even between the amount of players you have that play for each bye round week (e.g 9/10/11).
First point will be is that you will want a bit more money in the bank.

Now i must say your team is pretty standard. A good, but similar to everyone elses team pretty much.
I would say to try and get one or two uniques in there either instead of Lake, Barlow or Pav.

9.5/10 :)

Jay

Thanks mate...aha bye-friendly was probly a bad choice of words, just meant that my team is evenly spread so when byes occur there will be no problems :)

Yeah i should try and free up some $$$ maybe 100k or so, but i want to get my team perfect to start off instead of saving some money so then ive got the best possible starting line-up so im happy with it instead of looking to burn trades straight away...will definitely consider adding some more cash tho :D

I agree that my team is fairly standard...not good enough to win overall but certainly good enough to win my league (which hasnt been strong in previous years) will consider bringing in some uniques...not sure who tho, any suggestions???

Luigi197

Uniques are not named freely in the SC world ;)

Just look for someone ranged 200k - 400k, who you think might have a breakout year, and that normally wouldn't fit in a ideal structure. A few examples could be Winderlich or Christensen.

Jay

Haha cheers mate! Trust me ive looked at winderlich and christensen :D not quite sure how to fit them in though :/ could go pav-->winderlich/christensen that would free up cash allowing me to get a better second ruck...or bring in a prem. defender! Thoughts??

charliesheen

team looks good as it is.  I wouldn't break your team to fit them in...

Jay

Cheers CS, so you wouldnt make any changes??

charliesheen

just a few rookie changes, but I am sure you will fix that once nab cup starts.

solid prem choices

Jay

Yeah i will defintely be changing the rookies around  :D

I was having a few thoughts about my prem choices actually...considering bringing broughton in for heppel or shaw (or if i could get the cash, for lake/bower/clarke) also considering changing up pav and steveJ...maybe for cyril and chappy. Thoughts???

charliesheen

If those picks were based on your initial gut, probably the best choices.  Its usually the picks that you change when looking at other people's teams that mess you up :D

Jay

Well i read that broughton has been training with the midfield group! Can only be good right ;)

Read also cyril is fit and ready to go as well! Pav is old and not very unique either....and its a toss up between steveJ and chappy atm, leaning towards paul...will buddy and cyril on same line stuff me up?

charliesheen

the players you have chosen could well end up being top 3 forwards for 2012.  I know SJ has had an interrupted preseason, so he is worth monitoring.

i think your choices are fine.  I would only adjust if you need to fit in a certain player you wanted, like a certain rookie or something.

Capper

hahahahaha

You will be going up against guys with 2 premis like cox and sandi and will be 50-70 points down from your rucks

Not a bad team otherwise, i will be upgrading to tigers players later (lids and MArtin) as they have a hard draw first up against Blues, Pies, Cats and then WC away in first 5 Rounds

Jay

Quote from: tabs on February 04, 2012, 04:31:44 PM
hahahahaha

You will be going up against guys with 2 premis like cox and sandi and will be 50-70 points down from your rucks

Not a bad team otherwise, i will be upgrading to tigers players later (lids and MArtin) as they have a hard draw first up against Blues, Pies, Cats and then WC away in first 5 Rounds

ok ill look into getting another prem. ruck! How do you think mcintosh will go this year?

charliesheen

really depends on your rookie ruck projections.  Don't think you need to break this team down, just have a few different structures prepared in advance.

a lot can change with how they go on NAB cup.