48 (171.4%)
Newman
24 (85.7%)
Other
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

dmac07

Hey Guys,

Thought it would be interesting to run a fanfooty poll, and see who the dedicated supercoachers  think will be the top scoring players in each position. Once all positions are polled this will leave the fanfooty consensus on the 'ultimate team'. That is the top 7 def, top 6 mid, top 2 ruck, top 7 fwds. This is just a bit of fun, as of course nobody can start with this team, but it will be the best possible team to aim for by the end of the year.

Starting with defenders for now, I have tried to include all the obvious options, but if someone you like is not there let me know and I'll add them to the list. The idea is, pick the 7 who you think will be the top scorers, and feel free to give the list and justifcation, or to discuss who should, shouldnt be there.

dmac07

My picks by the way.

Goodard, Deledio, Shaw, Bock, Broughton, Newman, Scotland.

Bock I think will be the 2nd best average at GC, really lifted towards the end of last year.
Broughton, it may depend on his role under a new coach, if given midfield time could ave 105, if not, can still ave 95 and be top 7. The rest are pretty standard picks unless any of them break down.

bjrouse

Same as you though i had Suckling over Newman

dmac07

Appearing goddard, deledio, scotland and shaw are overwhelming favorites, then a bit of a mix. Will put up the next position tomorrow.

coolfugitiv0

Nobody likes Bock?
Considering how strongly he finished the 2011 season, and how little real choices there are for a locked defender...

meow meow

dmac07

agree coolfugitiv, think bock could ave 99-100 this year, which should make him top 7

charliesheen

probably 80% from round 13, which is going to be interesting.

Speculator

The problem I have with Bock is that he is slated to play some games in the forward line. Were that not the case he would one of my first upgrade targets

dmac07

Quote from: Speculator on February 14, 2012, 02:25:16 PM
The problem I have with Bock is that he is slated to play some games in the forward line. Were that not the case he would one of my first upgrade targets

Agree somewhat, only reason he isnt in my starting team is because he is meant to go forward. I think he could still score well as a lead up CHF as he reads the play well and could take a lot of marks, but it is that unknown that has as an upgrade target rather than a starter for me.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: dmac07 on February 14, 2012, 02:31:54 PM

Agree somewhat, only reason he isnt in my starting team is because he is meant to go forward. I think he could still score well as a lead up CHF as he reads the play well and could take a lot of marks, but it is that unknown that has as an upgrade target rather than a starter for me.

The first two rounds in which he is suspended also contribute to the fact that he isn't going to start in my team  ;)

dmac07

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on February 14, 2012, 02:35:28 PM
Quote from: dmac07 on February 14, 2012, 02:31:54 PM

The first two rounds in which he is suspended also contribute to the fact that he isn't going to start in my team  ;)

That too! haha