First Crack For The Year. Suggestions?

Started by DonnieD, January 31, 2012, 06:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonnieD

Hey guys first crack for the year here before things kick off at midnight tonight. Feel free to tear this one to shreads. Cheers.

tomd Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by DonnieD. Salary cap left: $20,000.

Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Matt Suckling, Beau Waters, Brian Lake, Brandon Ellis, Billie Smedts
Luke Brown, Jackson Allen

Gary Ablett jnr, Andrew Swallow, Dane Swan, Michael Barlow, James McDonald, Elliott Kavanagh
Dylan Shiel, Tom Mitchell

Todd Goldstein, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, David Zaharakis, Jonathan Brown, Curtly Hampton, Darren Pfeiffer
Ahmed Saad, Dayne Zorko

Luigi197

Honestly not a fan of Scotland, and never trusted Suckling. But premium decisions are all yours, especially when there are a lot of options. Waters is unique, and could pay off, but watch him as you may not expect what you previously expected of him, come NAB cup time. I like your midfield, although not sure on McDonald at all. I would lean more to downgrading him.

8.5/10

Obese Arachnid

Nice team I think.

Not sure about Waters & Lake as they both have/had injury concerns. Maybe get an extra prem & downgrade one.
Like the pick of J. Allen, he is def on my radar come NAB.

I see what you are trying to do in the mids but are Swallow & Barlow both keepers?

I'd only take one of Zaha & Brown, not sure both are keepers. Pfeiffer is still on the rookie list.

I'm leaning towards Pav (back to his old SC preferred posi) instead of Fyfe. Fyfe is coming back from injury plus might get some more attention. Upgrade target & I suspect he will be.

Saad, if you want to take the risk, I don't. He's going to replace who? Milne.....?

DonnieD

Yeah Scotland and Suckling are 2 of the few i'm not too sure about. Not to sure how i would downgrade Mcdonald though at 106,600

DonnieD

Definitely alot to think about. Am set on Swallow though with a 111.9 Ave last year i only see him getting better.

upthemaidens

Quote from: DonnieD on January 31, 2012, 07:07:03 PM
Yeah Scotland and Suckling are 2 of the few i'm not too sure about. Not to sure how i would downgrade Mcdonald though at 106,600
i was thinking the same thing about mcdonald lol, hard to downgrade a rookie :)

DonnieD

Sold me on Scotland though, out for Deledio

Luigi197

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 31, 2012, 07:17:57 PM
Quote from: DonnieD on January 31, 2012, 07:07:03 PM
i was thinking the same thing about mcdonald lol, hard to downgrade a rookie :)

haha woops. i wrote different to what i was thinking!

NEVERMIND!