FWD/BACK DPP

Started by Obese Arachnid, January 31, 2012, 05:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obese Arachnid

Is anyone really worried about having FWD/BACK coverage in their teams this year?

Sure it's handy if you have the right players but do we have any this year?
To me the only combo that is inviting is Tomlinson & Smedts. Not sure I want to pay that much for Tomlinson & what sought of JS would Smedts have.

I have both ATM & obviously NAB will decide. I don't like any of the ones that cost more than these two.

Is anyone looking at others or just couldn't care as DPP Mid/fwd-back will be enough cover?

Gooner

I'd like to set up a link that way and have tried to find a decent link for the last three years.  Unfortunately, it's difficult to find a good quality link because it's usually key position players that are listed as both a forward and a back and they're not great as rookies.

I'd need to see some very good NAB Cup performances before I considered setting up a FWD/BAC link. 

PurpleArmy

Ive only got Tomlinson (GWS) and Smedts (Gee) as fwd/back dpp. Could be handy down the track

Obese Arachnid

Gooner you actually make sense.

There is no decent link. I've never had a great one before.

And this year it makes sense not to try one. Like I said Tomlinson seems to be the key, no other player makes a good link.
That's b4 NAB, a key posi player, c'mon....... Convincing myself here. ;D

discodags

i had mckernan ,but got rid of him ...

MC

Waste of good bench space imo. Rather than have two blokes with iffy JS at either end, why not simply pick two rookies that will actually get games. Thus eliminating the need for the dpp link in the first place! No keepers are fwd/back dpp this year.

jimmytigs

this is tough this year,im down to smedts & tomlinson,trouble is gws plays a week early so tomlinson may be locked in & smedts might not even get a game,have to keep eye on the geelong guy in nab cup,luckily tomlinson looks good anyway so worts case scenario would be getting stuck with him,with staker out for season these are the only 2 im looking at,the rest are a load of crocks

Ringo

With the change in rules this year I will not be looking for a Def/Forward link .  Had one last year and did not use at all.  Will probably only use the mid link with the best performing rookie who has a forward or def DPP.

Justin Bieber

In my opinion I don't think it's necessary.

Disco

QuoteWaste of good bench space imo. Rather than have two blokes with iffy JS at either end, why not simply pick two rookies that will actually get games. Thus eliminating the need for the dpp link in the first place! No keepers are fwd/back dpp this year.
+1
No use having players with dpp if none of them are playing.

Ziplock

calling the 2011 jippett switch right now :P

Justin Bieber

Isn't it Jackson allen as well? He will get games.

Capper

if they score well this weekend then they could be in my team. Otherwise no and also not worried about the DPP especially with the new trade rule

Justin Bieber

Quote from: whatlez on February 29, 2012, 05:22:32 PM
Isn't it Jackson allen as well? He will get games.

Nope your wrong again.. providing false information...

C.Judd3Votes

Tom/Semdts is not worth it IMO