First real crack what are everyones opinions? :P dont hold back

Started by aces-high, January 31, 2012, 02:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-high

Been in the top 1500 the last 3 years and cant wait for 2012. Heres my first real real crack at a team, i havent really worried about the byes atm so what do i need to do????

Def god, shaw, lids, heppell, clarke, ellis, bower emer-mohr, Smedts

Mids ablett, swan, rockliff, j selwood, shiel, Horsley emer- mitchell, Stevens

Rucks sandi, jacobs emer giles, stephenson

Forwards Pav, martin, zaha, robbo, Christenson,  walsh, cameron emer- sexton, zorko
$15,300

All feedback is greatly appreciated, cheers!!!!

stew42

Fairly cookie cutter until you get to your fwds. Like I have done with other teams, I'll list your risky picks and a reason why...

Bower ( JS is slightly risky, perhaps Morris or Luke Brown are good alternatives)
Horsley ( needs to be elevated, but he should, he's a gun rook)
Sexton (likened to a young GAJ, but maybe a bit young. Also I think GCS will still rotate the kids throughout 2012, but given a chance, he will cement a spot)
Pav (should deliver, but will he score more in his new position and being under a new coach? I take it you're not a Franklin fan)

Your fwds have a few who you would want to really breakout over 2012 (Martin, zaha, robbo, christo) you might want to be prepared if not all of them do...

This may seem like a lot, but every team needs a few PODs to succeed, and your team looks really good! Good luck for 2012!

lozza63

Gee Stew knows his rooks realy well it seems - kudos mate.

Aces - i like your team, i think the non selection of Buddy is warranted - can see you improving that ranking with this lot!

All the best

aces-high

Cheers guys!!
I have never started a year without buddy but i cant really fit him in atm. haha
Bower has the potential to soar and the risk may be a masterstroke.
Horsley and Sexton are really up in the air atm i will defs monitor the nab cup to pick these final spots.
Great point on the forwards i feel
-Martin with bigger role in the mids will easily average 95+ and be a lock
-Robbo really impressed me last year and will never be tagged! his tackling alone will score me 24+ points a week and he will average 95+ imo aswel :P
-Christo will play a real load in the midfield this year as they are grooming him to replace chappy imo and take over as the wiz ablett did back in the day. Should score at least 85+
the last 2 prems in Pav and Zaha are far from locked it will be interesting to see what strategy i use :P

Good luck to u blokes in 2012! Any spare serious leagues u know of i am happy to join!! Cheers

stew42

Quote from: lozza63 on January 31, 2012, 09:20:15 PM
Gee Stew knows his rooks realy well it seems - kudos mate.

Aces - i like your team, i think the non selection of Buddy is warranted - can see you improving that ranking with this lot!

All the best

Thanks man, just picking up the general vibe of players from the chaps on this site as well as from club websites over the past few months, hope it helps!