Yes
6 (22.2%)
No
7 (25.9%)
Maybe (NAB Will Decide)
14 (51.9%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Windigo

Been a bit said about this bloke back a few months ago. I'm here to make sure you haven't forgotten!  :P

Tony has only played a handful of games in his short career with personal troubles hindering him.

But his now at a new club and will have a fresh start in 2012 with the Swans.

Stats:

22 ~ Didn't play a senior game in his first two years at Adelaide. But at 22 you'd be hoping for some added maturity.

Draft Pick: 58 ~ Fairly high draft pick and I think Adelaide will be ruing letting him go.

Matches 2011: 5 ~ Only managed a few but all except one were eye catching to say the least. The other he was subbed with injury.

Disposals Per Game 2011: 18 ~ Pretty tidy figures seeing as he has only played 14 games of AFL.

Position:
Defense ~ Anyone looking for a cheap back man? Good alternative to Hanley IMO.

Player Type:
Uncontestes King ~ 84% of his possessions were without contention. Has the lowest contested ball percentage of any player at AFL level to play 5 games at least.

Fan Planner Price:
289,700 ~ Cheap as! Get on this bloke I say.

Draw Difficulty:
7th most difficult

DT Average 2011: 73 ~ Would have been higher but a subbed game brings it down a bit.

"Expert" Opinion: The swans only recruit players they intend to play. You can pick him with plenty of confidence.

Prospectus Rating:
Recycled ~ Should get more opportunity and thus bigger scores.

2011 Scores: 90, 82, 83, 85 & 26.

With those scores he looks a good option for any back line.

Sydney hope his takes on the role of Kennely is a half back type of role. They will utilize his lethal boot. Armstrong had the 4th best kicking efficiency in the AFL.

Chances of Me Getting Him:

~ I was going to get Hanley. But this bloke is cheaper and could score the same if not more. If he comes out of NAB unscathed he looks set for a breakout year!

Probability for me to pick him: 7.5/10

8)

yorgis

you just might have something there windy, he showed a lot of promise at the crows

lolrocket

same bye as Hanley?

Hanley's is rd 11, Armstrong's is rd 12

tupperware

I can't see where he slots into the Swans team without injury.

Also, Everitt last year ring any bells? Scares me.

Voted maybe, will have to see whether he will actually be getting regular games this year.

Windigo

Quote from: lolrocket on January 31, 2012, 03:58:52 PM
same bye as Hanley?

Hanley's is rd 11, Armstrong's is rd 12

Haha. Whoops. Keep thinking he is still at the Crows.  ::)

Quote from: tupperware on January 31, 2012, 04:09:28 PM
I can't see where he slots into the Swans team without injury.

Also, Everitt last year ring any bells? Scares me.

Voted maybe, will have to see whether he will actually be getting regular games this year.

Everitt is shower. This bloke has the goods to deliver I reckon. Kennelly retiring will open up a spot for him I'd reckon.

maanco

i've had him in my team since the "fan planner 2012" opened.
however lately i've become bit skeptical about him.

Why's Hanley a little popular, never really looked in to him?

Windigo

I dunno really. I think some people must have forgotten about him. Definitely before Hanley on my watch list now.

Colliwobblers

competes with waters grimes lake conca grima for a spot but as you well explain he competes well as a mid priced DEF, that efficiency is notable, looks like he is another SC lock and a watch for DT

Windigo

Got him locked with a back line of:

Deledio, Goddard, Hanley, Broughton, Armstrong, Clarke & Darley. Byes are a worry..... ::)

Gunna have to change it.  :P

Artax

Wait and see if he gets named round 1, all depends on that!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Windigo on February 01, 2012, 10:07:38 AM

Deledio, Goddard, Hanley, Broughton, Armstrong, Clarke & Darley. Byes are a worry..... ::)

lids/god = 13

hanley = 11

brought armstrone = 12 + clarke

looks good to me and a good backline too imo

Purple 77

Disagree that he is cheap. Played 5 games and is almost $300k? Not sure on job security

Windigo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 01, 2012, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: Windigo on February 01, 2012, 10:07:38 AM

lids/god = 13

hanley = 11

brought armstrone = 12 + clarke

looks good to me and a good backline too imo

Cheers Wobbler. But I've started again. I got cold feet on Broughton. So this time I'm taking things slow and making sure I can get through the bye weeks with no worries what so ever. I expect my back rookies, particularly Darley to be long gone before round 11.

....But when you say it like that it is not half bad.  ::)

Spite

I like Armstrong, I really do, but as with all players, you have to wait until the NAB cup.

Your post with stats above looks good on paper, but is actually extremely deceiving.

"Uncontestes King ~ 84% of his possessions were without contention"
"Armstrong had the 4th best kicking efficiency in the AFL."

Why do you think he had such good kicking efficiency? There was no one around him, 84% of the time he had the ball without pressure.
Sydney typically have a low DT scoring game unless you can tackle a lot. I am worried that Armstrong won't get the free ball as often as he is use to as sydney don't actually get it that often.

Just something to think about, watch this space :)

elephants