Enright or Birchall?

Started by Purple 77, January 31, 2012, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is going to average more this season?

Grant Birchall
Corey Enright
Other Defender between 540k-500k

Purple 77

Corey Enright has averaged between 96 and 101 in the past 4 years, but turns 31 this year, is his drop off from form coming this year?

Grant Birchall, averaged 94 this year, but before then averaged around 80 for about 4 years, is this increase in form (breakout year) going to continue?

Thoughts?

Presto

From a mad Hawthorn supporter. Birchall new found form has to be due to hawthorn back play. It is still to be proven that other teams haven't found a way to counteract it.If they have then Birchall might go back to around 80 ave.
In addition because he shares the bye with Carlton, Richmond and St Kilda, I find it difficult to choose him with Deledio, Goddard and Scotland.  It would be better to go with Enright or Shaw.

Gooner

Heath Shaw is a great option, but of the two I'd take Birchall as I'm not a fan of picking players who are over 30.

Saying that, I'm unlikely to start with either in my team.

Purple 77

Quote from: Presto on January 31, 2012, 12:42:57 PM
From a mad Hawthorn supporter. Birchall new found form has to be due to hawthorn back play. It is still to be proven that other teams haven't found a way to counteract it.If they have then Birchall might go back to around 80 ave.
In addition because he shares the bye with Carlton, Richmond and St Kilda, I find it difficult to choose him with Deledio, Goddard and Scotland.  It would be better to go with Enright or Shaw.

Ahh excellent point!

That settles it i think, can't have too many having the bye at once