Started by Phasir, January 31, 2012, 02:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasir

#10   West Coast Eagles
Height: 186cm     Weight: 86kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 2, Pick #22 2007 National Draft
Last Drafted By: West Coast Eagles
DT Price: $431,000   

The big bodied midfielder who'll only be turning 22 for the 2012 season came into prominence in 2011 as one  of the best stoppers in the AFL, he's played 45 out of a possible 47 in the  last two seasons playing 25 out of 25 last year, averaging 8 tackles(32 points) a match through the 2011 season taking his DT game to a new level. He increased his average by an  impressive 17 points this season & looks set to improve by more in 2012 due to a more attacking role in the team.   His ceiling for big scores isn't anywhere near the standards as his brother Joel's but his consistancy can't be denied, if he's to improve his average again he could set himself as the 2nd best DT player in the family, and maybe come close to his brother in years to come.

Purple 77

Great review! Big fan of S4, but I can not justify that price

Windigo

He was probably my ultimate smokie that I was gunna roll with.

But his price is just too much unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if he slays a 100+ average this year.

Phasir

agreed, he could blow out as a Chapman type midfield player with 95-105 avg..
people who only follow AFL probably haven't heard much about his goal kicking, but he used to be pretty damn good as half-forward in the WAFL, multiple goals occasionally like Chappy but still getting most of his own ball through the centre, showed late last year in the finals that he still had some goal sense about him, he could quite easily fill Ebert(the traitor)'s spot in the team but still run through the centre giving Kerr, Priddis, & Shuey a rest.

Windigo

So much up side. And I had him locked in for ages but I was thinking of a price around $ 380.

Really is quite expensive.  :(

BC2010

Had him last year. Great 6th mid, and his tackle count will give you a consistent 90+ a game, but will rarely go over 100.

Just a little expensive for me.

yorgis

+1 windy, should have a great season but at his price ugh!!!!!!!!

The_Captain

awkward price. still think he will spend most of the year tagging. but WOW at his tackle count!

Phasir

Scott Selwood: 

R1: 27 Possies, 0 tackles, 85% TOG, 9 Marks, 98 DT points
R2: 34 Possies, 4 tackles, 81% TOG, 3 goals, 131 DT points 

Bryce Gibbs:

R1: 22 Possies, 4 Tackles, 95% TOG, 10 Marks, 104 DT points
R2: 19 Possies, 2 Marks, 0 Tackles, 0 Goals, 95% TOG, 57 DT points

JBs-Hawks

My smokie making up for Mumford donut :)

esquire

I so wanted to pick him, but couldn't at the price. Good on anyone who did though. Excellent two rounds so far. WCE FTW!

Windigo

Should have gone with him. Had him locked for so long before DT opened. But his price scared me away FFS.  :(

Memphistopheles

Is Scott the youngest Selwood?

From what I can see the younger the Selwood the better.

Adam and Troy = good players but not great.

Joel = Gun

Scott = Supergun?

I guess he's had to face his older brother while growing up so has had to be good to keep up.

Phasir

Yes,

He is,

Agree,

True,

Hopefully,

Yeah, he has an epic "don't argue" as good as Dustin's IMO ;D

Phasir