Goodes vs Pavlich

Started by cdonny, January 31, 2012, 12:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdonny

Here's my other mini dilemma,

Goodes vs Pavlich

Both are getting on in age, 1 year diff.

Goodes is *apparently* a 'slow starter'... but I'm not really buying in to that too much, last year he started with a 63, then straight up to 130 the next week, still averaged over 100 for the first 5 or so games - including his initial stinker. I can't see hime stinking it up against GWS, so he could be a handy extra couple of points, to push me up the ranks initially. No one can question his preparation either, every game jumps in an ice bin at half time, the guy is a consumate professional. Plays GWS, Freo at home, Port then North at home

Pavlich is going to spend more time up forward in his traditional role (which his bigger SC scores have come from) due to the mids all coming back. He injured his achilles in round 22 vs North then never came back, I haven't heard anything about him in the news so far this year, i'd assume he's doing fine.

My initial pick is the Pav, and see them scoring relatively similar all year... though it is tempting to take the punt on Goodes for that initial kicker of points as he has easier opening rounds playing lesser teams, and at home.

thoughts?

theta

Usually Goodes is a slow starter, but last year got off to a fast start, then spent half the year below $450k, and then rallied strongly in typical form towards the end.  Sydney's easy beginning to the 2012 draw suggests a price rise is on the cards again early on.

As for Pav, that 31 in rnd 22 weighed on his ave.  If he had scored his season ave the final average would have been 109.5, +4 higher, just below buddy.

I find Pav more consistent, but Goodes better to have in the final 8 rounds - so Pav's got my vote, as long as you're comfy with his change of position.

pavs nose

i think the pav will take a showere load of contested marks this year and kick 60+ goals as a forward this year. my money is on the pav

cdonny

or do i go full balls out and use both goodes and pav, and ditch buddy?

...am i crazy!?

pavs nose

Yoshi

Quote from: cdonny on January 31, 2012, 12:41:46 AM
or do i go full balls out and use both goodes and pav, and ditch buddy?

...am i crazy!?

I think Buddy's more of an upgrade this year.

I'd be very tempted to go both Pav & Goodes as they could score the same or more than Buddy.

charliesheen