Who will be Melbournes highest SC point scorer this season.

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, January 30, 2012, 11:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

This isn't an expose on who I think it might be but an actual enquiry on everybody's personal view.
Probably out of  M Clark
                        Jamar
                        G McKenzie
                        B Malony
                        C Sylvia
                        J Trengove
                                         But damned if I can pick one of them worth having for the whole season,
                                         perhaps one could serve as upgrade fuel.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

pavs nose

jack trengove. this guy does it all. maloney an honorable mention

Sabretooth Tigers

;) 8)

Thanks for answering Pav, was thinking Maloney, Trengove or Sylvia but not neccessarily in that order.
But I wonder, would we pick one of them, any one of them at all, to be in our best 22 SC players possible ?

CuStArDaRm

Hmmmm.....bloody good question I have no bloody idea ;)
Have to say Sylvia if he can get his consistency back but  i hope grimes since he is in my side at the moment.
Its definitely a toss up.
Don't forget about Jacj watts maybe we will finally see his true potential running up the ground with Clark taking the forward responsibility, that's unlikely but who knows.

pavs nose

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 31, 2012, 12:22:28 AM
;) 8)

Thanks for answering Pav, was thinking Maloney, Trengove or Sylvia but not neccessarily in that order.
But I wonder, would we pick one of them, any one of them at all, to be in our best 22 SC players possible ?

i dont think sylvia or maloney can improve. 3rd year for trengove and could break out and be a keeper if he can handle a tag. in saying that i dont have the balls to pick him. only one i would consider though

Sabretooth Tigers

:o ;) 8)
Melbourne play the easybeats (GWS) twice, so there is method in the madness of my question.

Speculator

ben_020285

Brent Moloney. I am 100% sure of this.

Trengove is a great player but not a noted high SC scorer just yet.

Sylvia is just too inconsistent, 50 one week, 150 the next.

Brent Moloney is the answer to your question

/endthread.

Gooner

I can't see Sylvia being the highest scorer given that he's still on a modified training program and is set to miss round one.  He's a possible upgrade target during the year though.

Moloney was clearly our best midfielder last year so is the favourite to top the scoring this year.  I wouldn't suggest picking him though, as I don't think he's either in the top ten midfielders at the end of the season and nor is he likely to improve on his average a great deal.  He does have the shocker against Geelong (no touches and subbed at half time) in his score, but to me, that doesn't justify a selection.

I think Trengove is the other player who could give it a crack.  He's clearly our most talented midfielder and is set for a big year this year.  Of all the Melbourne midfielders, he'd be the one that I'd be looking at closest.

Honourable mentions are Grimes and McKenzie.

Purple 77

Coming from a melb supporter, its too hard to tell.

The difference from the demons to this year and from last, is that we have FINALLY got a game plan, culture and a professional approach to coaching.

Mark Neeld's plan and general approach for these players could either hinder or improve their SC scores dramatically, some guys might not be able to keep up while others could excel.

But if i had to say a player, probably Brent Beamer Moloney

ben_020285

Good to see a few Dees supporters up and about on here.

An exciting year ahead for us for sure but geez they are one of the worst teams to pick players from for SC!

I am not even thinking about having any of them in my team.

CuStArDaRm

Unfortunately a bit like Essendon have been the past few years the Deez havn't realy had any premos Ive ever really want to pick except Sylvia but thankfully I havn't coz he seems to go down or have a slump.

Grimes is the only player from either side in my team atm, subject to change of course.

SonsOfZeus

grimes would go close if fit.

moloney a level higher than the others named.,

Mortibacio

I only have 2 Melbourne players in my squad atm, Magner and Couch.
In reality, if picked  they have a 50/50 chance of outscoring anyone else from the demons, and they are a buttload cheaper than most.

Hippo

Quote from: Mortibacio on February 07, 2012, 11:07:14 PM
I only have 2 Melbourne players in my squad atm, Magner and Couch.
In reality, if picked  they have a 50/50 chance of outscoring anyone else from the demons, and they are a buttload cheaper than most.
But will both get taken off the rookie list!?