Ziebell vs Barlow

Started by cdonny, January 30, 2012, 11:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdonny

Evening gents,
So I'm tossing up my 4th mid spot.

Ziebell - was subbed a lot in the first half of 2011, regaining fitness after 2 broken legs. 2nd half of the season avgd 115+ or something crazy awesome! .94 points per minute I read somewhere. Is tough, relentless, and never gives up, which sadly has left to him missing the first 2 games of the season.

Barlow - had that amazing first year, then some nasty injuries took care of him. Is cheap (40k more than Ziebs), and can accumulate the points as good as anyone else... however, everyone will have him due to these reasons. However, I'm still not 100% sold on him... have that gut feeling that he hasn't really proven himself since his injury. He had that little purple patch for 3 or so games, after some stinkers to get adjusted to the tempo of the game, then sort of eased off again...

Don't wanna regret not picking up Barlow, and feel like many of the fools who didn't get him in his first year, but I rate Ziebell so damn highly...

who would you pick, and why?

Cheers

pavs nose

barlow has proven he can be consistent and ave highly. also is not missing the first 2 games. barlow for me cdonny

oc16

start with barlow and then get ziebell in asap after the first four rounds, that way his price will have stayed the same and u will still have rounds three and four to see how he is going.

cdonny

I can't remember, is it just the rookies who's prices don't change until 3 games have been played, or is it everyone?

eg, Pendles has a low breakeven of like 70 compared to Swan at 160 odd

Could sway my decision to hold off on Swan

pavs nose

Quote from: cdonny on January 31, 2012, 12:20:45 AM
I can't remember, is it just the rookies who's prices don't change until 3 games have been played, or is it everyone?

all players are in the same boat cdonny

cdonny

Quote from: pavs nose on January 31, 2012, 12:26:48 AM
Quote from: cdonny on January 31, 2012, 12:20:45 AM

all players are in the same boat cdonny

thanks boss - brainfade moment

Dudge

I would go Barlow, risky yes, but at his best or even 90% , scores quite freely

Bluesman

jimmytigs

didnt even know ziebell was there to be picked,your absoloutly kidding arent you?i may not have barlow but he will be considered,i really cant understand how guys like ziebell come so far into important calculations,the way my mids are looking in every fanplanner side ive done ive not gone lower than selwood among my premiums & its usually ablett swan judd boyd selwood & 3 rookies or 4 & 4,ziebell-im stunned

Wolf67

Quote from: jimmytigs on January 31, 2012, 12:23:09 PM
didnt even know ziebell was there to be picked,your absoloutly kidding arent you?i may not have barlow but he will be considered,i really cant understand how guys like ziebell come so far into important calculations,the way my mids are looking in every fanplanner side ive done ive not gone lower than selwood among my premiums & its usually ablett swan judd boyd selwood & 3 rookies or 4 & 4,ziebell-im stunned
the reason that ziebell is in the calculations is the way he finished last season.  Discounting the game where he got knocked in the first few minutes and subbed off, he finished the season with
At an average of 119.6. 

After 2 broken legs in his first 2 seasons, he has done his first full pre season, and this will be his fourth season, so expect him to be good.  41 touches against the dogs midfield shows he can get the ball.  If he can average 119 over the season he will be a premium.  If he averages 100 - 110 he will still be a steal at his price.

You may be stunned jimmytigs, but I'm not.

I'm looking very closely at Ziebell and some other top 10 picks from the same draft.

The Supercoach

Quote from: Wolf67 on January 31, 2012, 05:46:03 PM
Quote from: jimmytigs on January 31, 2012, 12:23:09 PM
the reason that ziebell is in the calculations is the way he finished last season.  Discounting the game where he got knocked in the first few minutes and subbed off, he finished the season with
At an average of 119.6. 

After 2 broken legs in his first 2 seasons, he has done his first full pre season, and this will be his fourth season, so expect him to be good.  41 touches against the dogs midfield shows he can get the ball.  If he can average 119 over the season he will be a premium.  If he averages 100 - 110 he will still be a steal at his price.

You may be stunned jimmytigs, but I'm not.

I'm looking very closely at Ziebell and some other top 10 picks from the same draft.

+1

meow meow

Let's see how Z goes once he cops a tag. Not sold on him yet. Anyone can rack up 40+ possessions on Boyd, who pays zero attention to his opponent, so don't get too excited about that.

Ziplock

will Ziebell still cop a tag over Swallow+ Wells?

meow meow

Quote from: Ziplock on January 31, 2012, 07:10:25 PM
will Ziebell still cop a tag over Swallow+ Wells?

Wells is dead isn't he?

enzedder