Main Menu

What Do You Guys Think?

Started by Hawka, January 30, 2012, 11:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

So bombers fans were do you guys think your team will finish (dont be bias ;) ) 

Glacial

Being a bomber lad my self i hope to say top 4, but considering everything, it might not be that high, but i'd still say top 8 for sure.

AFEV

If we win a final & do better than North I'd say it's a pass.

Anything less and I'm disappointed.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Sid on January 31, 2012, 12:55:05 AM

I reckon that's something, but I think that getting a home final will do us good, against someone like Sydney or Freo.

Keeping up with Carlton I think and doing better than North, I then will deem the season a success.

roo boys!

Do better than North I'd say it's a pass.

Quote from: Cookie Monster on January 31, 2012, 01:30:27 AM

and doing better than North, I then will deem the season a success.
Haha similar way to how I grade our season, just we have to do better than Essendon :P

Master Q

Quote from: Cookie Monster on January 31, 2012, 01:30:27 AM

I reckon that's something, but I think that getting a home final will do us good, against someone like Sydney or Freo.

Keeping up with Carlton I think and doing better than North, I then will deem the season a success.
Well I'm not a Don supporter but you guys should be aiming for 7 or 8. 6 would be a huge success but I think 5 is out of reach.

Cruiseon

I think Essendon have to win a final to consider it a successful year. The young list will have a bit more experience now, hopefully you'll have your best player available all year (and I don't mean Neagle  ;)) and the Hird/Thompson methods will have had time to bed in.

Considering the resources invested (I still feel a bit sorry for the slim pickings they provided Matthew Knights) playing and losing one final I think would be considered going backwards in 2012.

Jukes

Top 8 surely and hopefully a semi-final birth. I'm saying we'll come 6th and get a home final against somebody like Sydney or the Saints. That should be a win and in our semi-final match against either Hawks, Pies or Cats be competitive and try and keep the loss under 4 goals.

TheMailman

I think it'll be a real scrap for Sydney, Fremantle, Essendon and St.Kilda to jostle in contention for home finals. Ideally all 4 have the potential to be top 4 teams but really the consistency isn't there in comparison to Collingwood, Hawthorn Geelong and probably Carlton (They had like 10 years :P). Any wins against each other will become super important for any of these clubs. Of course I support Sydney so I hope they win  8)

Cookie Monster

And I think with games against Freo West Coast Adelaide an co all in Melbourne should help us with all of that.

Purple 77

Not a Bombers fan, but somewhere between 5th-10th.

Still a lack of pace in the midfield, but they have much potential :)

nathan11

yeah somewhere between 5&8  with our best team we will win a final or 2 but if we lose the first one but are competitive against a good team i would call that a pass

bomberboy0618

For it to be a great year we need to:
Win against Carlton
Win against the Kangas
Come 6th-7th
Win a final.

Maca24

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 11, 2012, 06:07:52 PM
Win against Carlton
Win against the Kangas

Come 6th-7th
Win a final.
Realistically those 2 don't matter :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on February 17, 2012, 03:25:26 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 11, 2012, 06:07:52 PM
Win against Carlton
Win against the Kangas

Come 6th-7th
Win a final.
Realistically those 2 don't matter :P
Unless they happen I wont be happy, so they do :P.