THE DAILY ROUNDS

Started by The F.A.R.K., January 30, 2012, 11:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Just some news from the paper this morning. I know caoches say so much shower this time of the year but take from it what you want

*Ablett ready to go for NAB cup

Key points- gary ablett has completed a full pre-season at GC
                 Dt wise he had injury interupted preseason last year and still averaged 110+
                 Along with Ablett the main standout on the track has been David Swallow

* Connors Back in Black....and Gold

key points- Connors has returned to richomnd after a 12 week club imposed suspension for partying too hard (hahaha)
                 Hardwick is impressed with his new determination
                 The coaching panel are pleased to have him back as he is a key part of their team
                 DT wise this is huuuuuuuge

* Voldt to play

key points- The tigers are hoping that Jack Riewoldt can manage some gametime in the NAB cup after off season surgery
                 DT wise this means dont pick voldt but maybe look at a smokie for richmond fwd line (could really pay off i.e ben griffiths)

nufo

im a tigz fan and a couple of things on the tiger boys.

connors has been TERRIBLE at training since he came back, which i suppose you would have to expect after 12 weeks, but he cant hit a target and would be a fair way off getting a game at this stage i rekon, we have a lot of options around half back.

i agree with you about the smokie in the forward line, but i think youll find that man will be big tommy derickx, having a ripper pre-season playing as a forward, great hands and a superb kick for goal, super athletic too.

just my 2c worth.

Purple 77

Not sure if Connors will ever be worth the hype

Windigo

Derixkx could be a good 4th ruck. Or downgrade in later weeks.

yorgis

at $377K  and an ave of 77 anyone thinking david swallow ???

jimmytigs

connors is definately in my plans,whole lotta good priced backs to watch preseason-lake hargrave connors bower marty clarke,only drawback with connors is that deledio is a cert & morris is among the best rookie picks,dont wanna really have 2 never mind 3,but if another rookie at another club bobs up i may go with deledio & connors,

but for life of me cant work out why this derricks gets so much attention,just read an article on stephenson of cats & how he may struggle to get a game even with 2 ruck retirements & 2 others having injury concerns,hows derricks gonna go 5th in line at tigers?i mean please cmon gimme break,maric,graham & browne then vickery as the forward ruck,surely a jenkins or rowe along with giles & stephenson possibly redden of port with lobbe out as well as all these other tigers hes gotta passby make this guy impossible to pick

Jalapeno

Connorsnearly made me cry last year haha couldnt put myself through that again. Heard all this hype if not more last year to then be sooooo disapointed

mezzoculo

Quote from: yorgis on January 31, 2012, 12:34:09 PM
at $377K  and an ave of 77 anyone thinking david swallow ???

Why not Josh Caddy? $100k cheaper and similar average (in only two games though).

yorgis

derrickz, from memory, played some nab cup last year and played fairly well

Windigo

Quote from: yorgis on January 31, 2012, 04:56:37 PM
derrickz, from memory, played some nab cup last year and played fairly well

He did. Clunks a good mark and can be used as a FWD. If he does okay in NAB I would consider him for 4th ruck...