James Magner

Started by specky lecky, January 30, 2012, 10:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specky lecky

A tough inside midfielder, now aged 24, gets his crack in the AFL after several strong seasons in the VFL.
Last year, Magner led the VFL in disposals, contested possessions and clearances and won the Sandringham B&F.

This guy sounds very impressive and I would think is a chance to get a run in the dees midfield. The question is when and how?
Hes rookie listed and very cheap. Does anyone know anything about him as he has seemed to fly under the radar a bit.

cortez

sounds alright and  i think he will play. tbey wouldnt put up a 24 year old for him not to play. so many mids tho you cant narrow them  down much yet. if he kills it in nab cup i reckon alot of people will pick him up cause of his price.

pavs nose

MGK1

Plays for Melbourne, a very high accumulator of the ball.
However he is rookie listed so they could've just picked him as a backup if injury hits.
I'll be jumping on if promoted before season.

pavs nose

Quote from: specky lecky on January 30, 2012, 10:10:57 PM
A tough inside midfielder, now aged 24, gets his crack in the AFL after several strong seasons in the VFL.
Last year, Magner led the VFL in disposals, contested possessions and clearances and won the Sandringham B&F.

This guy sounds very impressive and I would think is a chance to get a run in the dees midfield. The question is when and how?
Hes rookie listed and very cheap. Does anyone know anything about him as he has seemed to fly under the radar a bit.

interesting......could be a help in milking my 1st cow

CuStArDaRm

specky lecky

Also does Melbourne have any room on its list to promote him?

pavs nose

i think every team can promote 1 more rookie on the wed before opening round. correct me if i am wrong

Gooner

He'll be fighting for promotion with Tom Couch and Michael Evans.

Melbourne currently have two spots open for promotion, the first being as a result of only having Green on the veteran's list, whilst the second is because of Max Gawn's knee injury.

Dan Nicholson has been ripping it up in training and I think he's almost guaranteed of getting the first rookie spot.  It'll be a contest between Evans, who played a handful of games last year, Couch (also mature aged) and Magner for the final promoted spot.

I think Magner will definitely get some games this year, but he's not guaranteed to be promoted initially or even if promoted to play round one.  He's one to keep an eye on in pre-season for sure, but don't rush to select him in your round one team.  I think he'll be more of an upgrade target.

meow meow

Quote from: pavs nose on January 31, 2012, 01:27:16 AM
i think every team can promote 1 more rookie on the wed before opening round. correct me if i am wrong

That's definitely wrong.

Teams with 38 senior listed players and 1 veteran can play one player as a promoted rookie.
Teams with 38 senior listed players and 2 veterans can't promote anyone, unless they have a LTI.

pavs nose

Quote from: meow meow on January 31, 2012, 03:12:59 PM
Quote from: pavs nose on January 31, 2012, 01:27:16 AM

That's definitely wrong.

Teams with 38 senior listed players and 1 veteran can play one player as a promoted rookie.
Teams with 38 senior listed players and 2 veterans can't promote anyone, unless they have a LTI.

Oh I apologise

Ziplock

so gold coast can promote 2?

meow meow

Quote from: Ziplock on January 31, 2012, 03:21:51 PM
so gold coast can promote 2?

Not sure. They are already allowed more than 38 for this year so maybe that cancels it out.

Gooner

GC17 can have 48 players on their list in 2012 plus a further 9 rookies. 

According to their website, they have 50 players listed plus another four rookies.  I'm assuming that they must have concessions for the veterans list to have 50 players rather than 48 players and therefore cannot promote any rookies until they get a long term injury.

meow meow

Quote from: Gooner on January 31, 2012, 05:24:19 PM
GC17 can have 48 players on their list in 2012 plus a further 9 rookies. 

According to their website, they have 50 players listed plus another four rookies.  I'm assuming that they must have concessions for the veterans list to have 50 players rather than 48 players and therefore cannot promote any rookies until they get a long term injury.

They were allowed to have 48 in 2011 and down to 45 this year I think. Every team is allowed to have 9 rookies if they want.