crazy ruck strategy

Started by fattony, January 29, 2012, 04:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fattony

i have just been poring over my plan team and i currently have the following rucks:

Sandilands, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephenson)

would i be crazy to go Kreuzer -> basement ruck leaving me with:

Sandilands, Giles (Stephenson, rookie)

this would give me an extra 250k in the bank to upgrade elsewhere, and i would only lose 10 or so points per week.
down the track, the plan will be to upgrade Giles/Stephenson to a premium

comments would be appreciated
cheers

picker_man

sorry dude cant b bothered writing it again but check out the thread very impotant poll, and u'll c its not so crazy ;)

TheMailman

Quote from: fattony on January 29, 2012, 04:36:38 PM

this would give me an extra 250k in the bank to upgrade elsewhere, and i would only lose 10 or so points per week.

Pretty much answers your question

picker_man

Quote from: TheMailman on January 29, 2012, 04:47:23 PM
Quote from: fattony on January 29, 2012, 04:36:38 PM

Pretty much answers your question
not realy u could have an extra 500k if u take a rookie over swan, so thats alot more to it then extra money............... :P

TheMailman

If the rookie would average only 10 points less than Swan then you would do it. I bolded two parts  :P

CuStArDaRm

Better off having a rookie mid then ruck IMO opinion. Barlows are not made in the rucks unfortunately having that extra rookie mid could have keeper potential, a rookie ruck rarely does.
Even zac smith one if the better ruck rooks we have had averaged at the low end.

It's not a bad idea but in my opinion there is more safety And upside in picking a prem ruck and rookie mid who you know will play and you know will get posis not just hit outs.

Good luck

Swallow12

As we saw last season with Smith it can work, Ruck rookies can be just a strong as mid ones..

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: Swallow12 on January 29, 2012, 05:40:59 PM
As we saw last season with Smith it can work, Ruck rookies can be just a strong as mid ones..

Although I see your point the stats will disagree with you there.

Zac smith averaged 71 dt 78 sc.

Barlow averaged 110 dt and 116 sc.

I'm comparing them because they are both the best rookie scorers In their respective spots in recent history, you wouldn't mind missing smith last year but you would have been comPletely fvcked if you missed Barlow.

TheMailman

Barlow was an once in a decade player. He isn't going to pop up every year in the form of anybody.

Plus the stat comparison doesn't take age, club and the fact Smith averaged like 50 in the last 6 games of last year

hardnut

I'm just not a fan of starting a rookie in the ruck department at all, I tried going skinny on rucks a few years ago and it caused me havoc all year trying to fix it. Start two premo's a take your risk elsewhere, plenty of cheap rookie options in def and mid this year.

miffysp

I've been convinced by the 1 prem ruck n 3 rooks for a while now. I've done a few draft sides and all teams look better with 3 rookie rucks. It's not every season u get 1 let alone 2 rookie rucks guaranteed game time. Y not make the most of the opportunity  while it arises. There r a few options for ur 4th ruck spot also

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: miffysp on January 29, 2012, 06:10:45 PM
I've been convinced by the 1 prem ruck n 3 rooks for a while now. I've done a few draft sides and all teams look better with 3 rookie rucks. It's not every season u get 1 let alone 2 rookie rucks guaranteed game time. Y not make the most of the opportunity  while it arises. There r a few options for ur 4th ruck spot also

Fair enough, don't forget though Rowe had done his Ac joint so I guess your strategy will depend in that too.

Artax

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: TheMailman on January 29, 2012, 05:52:39 PM
Barlow was an once in a decade player. He isn't going to pop up every year in the form of anybody.

Plus the stat comparison doesn't take age, club and the fact Smith averaged like 50 in the last 6 games of last year

Ok then let's use a Backman then.

Broughton 87 dt 98 sc

It makes no sense to load up on rook rucks because your just happy if they are playing they are rarely cash cows.
By the way don't forget this is fantasy footy the stats are all that matter

Someone like krooze on the other hand I reckon that's a risk worth taking but not 3 Rook rucks.
Good luck to ya if you go that way though, nothing risked nothing gained as they say

TheMailman

The less you risk, the less you lose   ;)