Caddy (or your choice) or a gun rook (coniglio) or another cheap rook?

Started by Colliwobblers, January 28, 2012, 11:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy (or your choice) or a gun rook (coniglio)  or another cheap rook?

Josh Caddy ( or your choice $200k - $300k mid price cash cow
Premium rook such as coniglio to go with other cheap rooks
Neither all my mid rooks will be cheap with no low mid pricers

Colliwobblers

So Josh Caddy is tearing up preseason a lot of talk about what a gun he is, a lot of love from both the bombers and the suns.

Caddy might not be for you, another LOW mid priced player may be,

So do you run with Caddy or similar,

or do you want that one guaranteed heppell / curnow type high draft pick expensive rook you believe will be your super cash cow,

or do you just go all cheap rooks, they'll make you almost as much or more and leave more money for premiums from round 1. ??

Caddy info and link to FF discussion:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45731.msg622646.html#msg622646

kilbluff1985

Cheap rooks for mathematical reasons i'm not going to use exact pricing of players here this just as a guide

Say you get Caddy at 200k his average has to go up to like 80 or whatever to give him a value of 450k which gives you 250k

Or you can go with for example Shiel for 100k his average only has to go up to 65-70 to make you the same 250k

I vote cheaper rookies all the way i considered Caddy but nah don't think so

Ziplock

love the look of caddy. Doesn't slide in my team atm though. I think a 80+ average is pretty solid from him this year, while I can see a 90+ at a 50/50 :P

Presto

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on January 29, 2012, 12:12:55 AM
Cheap rooks for mathematical reasons i'm not going to use exact pricing of players here this just as a guide

Say you get Caddy at 200k his average has to go up to like 80 or whatever to give him a value of 450k which gives you 250k

Or you can go with for example Shiel for 100k his average only has to go up to 65-70 to make you the same 250k

I vote cheaper rookies all the way i considered Caddy but nah don't think so
+1
Only one point: Caddy is 249k, and he will need to average 90 to get to 450K (Highly unlikely)
Shiel or Miles or T.Mitchell, all about 100k  have to be much better options.

Ziplock

consider how many national draft picks averaged over 70 last year. I think it was just swallow?

Yeah, to make equivalent amounts of money (presuming that shiel/ mitchell etc. average 70+), caddy would have to average near 90. But, odds are these guys are going to only average around 65- if caddy averages even 80 (completely doable), you're gaining 15 ppg, and not losing *that* much money.

Presto

Quote from: Ziplock on January 29, 2012, 02:46:26 AM
consider how many national draft picks averaged over 70 last year. I think it was just swallow?

Yeah, to make equivalent amounts of money (presuming that shiel/ mitchell etc. average 70+), caddy would have to average near 90. But, odds are these guys are going to only average around 65- if caddy averages even 80 (completely doable), you're gaining 15 ppg, and not losing *that* much money.
I dont agree, because there are quite a number of Nat draft 2010 players that achieved more than 70:
Heppel (84) Curnow (76) Swallow (76) I Smith (73) Puopolo (72)  Caddy (72)  Liberatore (70)

I think that at least a couple of Shiel, Miles and T.Mitchell can achieve 70+ or be like these other Nat draft 2010 players:
Duigan (68) Bennell (68) Prestia (63) J'Taylor (66) Hove (62) Jacobs (60) Darling (67) Gaff (65)

Ziplock

I left out curnow + Smith + pups because they were mature aged :P

Caddy shouldn't really be in this, considering he only played 2 games lol.

Can't believe I forgot heps though lol.