First attempt

Started by norvaan, January 28, 2012, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norvaan

TEAM NAME: The Hounds
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, J. Grimes, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, B. Smedts (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, S. Clifton, D. Pfeiffer (A. Treloar, M. Baguley)
RUC: S. Mumford, I. Maric (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, R. Gray, J. Brown, T. Walsh (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $72,800

Many changes to be made..........................

popedelio

Quote from: norvaan on January 28, 2012, 07:22:51 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, J. Grimes, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, B. Smedts (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, S. Clifton, D. Pfeiffer (A. Treloar, M. Baguley)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, R. Gray, J. Brown, T. Walsh (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)

Great team mate though i wouldn't start with Docherty or Fyfe, both had slightly interrupted preseasons and I'm assuming that they won't perform as well early in the season, probably better as a upgrade/downgrade targets later in the season. Not many other changes needed really, good luck!

Ago97

Maric is no good imo go for hmac who i think is around the same price

norvaan

Quote from: Ago97 on January 28, 2012, 09:37:52 PM

I am not a fan of Hmac but will wait for NAB Cup form before deciding on the number 2 ruck.

DT-SC

good lookng team. personally would have one less premo in FWDS and one more in BACKS

also on maric.... think about it...yeah he will be number 1 ruck..... but so will giles who is cheaper, if your going the 1 premo ruck, i think its a better bet to have 1 Gun 3 Rooks then go 1 Gun 1MidPricer 2 Rooks

norvaan

You have a fair point on Maric DT-SC................... The NAB will be make or break and i wont be making any final decisions until it is over and i have had time to study all the stats and look at the form of the Mid priced players and Rooks.

I think this team is not a bad starting point but you know as well as i do that it will change 3 or 4 times before the first lock out.

thanks for taking the time to comment.

stew42

Backs: Nice, I am particularly excited about how Wilkes will do in a new club. Obvious risk in Grimes, but could pay off. Whilst Docherty has had an injured preseason, he has said that he is eager for the NAB Cup, so don't worry too much there (although I'm personally seeing him as a downgrade target later on...)

Mids: Excellent premos, if anyone else is reading this, PUT IN SWAN AND GAJ (a.k.a. #1&2 mids of 2012). Pfeiffer still needs to be elevated, but the chances of that are high. I haven't heard much about Baguely, do you know something I don't?  ???

Rucks: Yes to Mummy and your bench, but Maric... I'm not so sure. I definitely wouldn't go to another rook (namely Rowe - OVERHYPED TO THE MAX!). H-Mac would work well here.

Fwds: There's the obvious thing about Goodes being the best upgrade target ever (look at the Deck of DT article on him @ www.dreamteamtalk.com). Wouldn't be too worried about Fyfe's injury worries either, he might not play too much NAB, but will be a Rnd 1 starter. Risky in Gray (why would you have a PA forward?  :o). Oh, I just saw Rowe, drop him! I'd put Treloar from you mids to your fwds and put in someone like Shiel, Miles or Tom Mitchell or even Koby Stevens.

As you said, this is a very good starting point, just need to nit-pick the details :) But tip #1, GET RID OF ROWE  ;D

Matticus

Quote from: Ago97 on January 28, 2012, 09:37:52 PM

Scott not prefering the Goldie - HMac tag team atm, and is liking Goldie as No. 1 ruck avg 35.2 hitouts 9 to advantage, No .1 in the league. HMac reackons he is 100%, I am not so sure. HMac is looking nice at a tastey $347, 000 approx just need to watch how often he will be used and see if achillies holds up. Just my opinion.

ScoreGasm

DEF: Good defence, as has already been stated just keep an eye on Docherty. Grimes is a good unique and it should pay off.

MID: Keep an eye on Pfieffer as he still needs to be elevated and reports out of the Power are he isn't fit enough to make the 22 yet.

RUC: Good choices, I also have Maric in my team. He will be the number 1 ruck at tigerland and will relish the role as he was sitting on the pine at the crows last year.

FWD: Watch N.Fyfe as he has been carrying an injury this pre-season. Make sure he is cherry ripe during the NAB Cup. Gray is a good unique and averaged 80 last year. I have thought about picking him up also.

Good team not a bad first attempt.