Main Menu

PETRIE!

Started by Swallow12, January 28, 2012, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swallow12

Petrie isn't getting a lot of love at the moment, but with an easy draw and an improving side he should at least be considered..
1) He's a forward in an improving side
2) Very favourable draw (Possibly second only to Adelaide) with GWS and GC twice
3)The return of Hmac should allow Petrie to stay forward where he scores much higher (Though slightly more inconsistent) through contested marks and goals. Last years game against Richmond is the perfect example
4) The retur,n of Hmac as a tall forward may lessen the defensive pressure on him
All this taken into account and I believe he is capable of 95-105 average..
Thoughts?

lozza63

Hey Swalls

Yeah mate Drewie, is just caught up at a time where the forward line offers a plethora of dpp options - mark my words had he kept his ruc/fwd dpp he would not have been missed.

Now he is competing with the likes of Buddy, Cloke - both younger with potential upside and of course the long awaited return of JB around 400k - represents a saving of 100+k!

The invasion of young guns - Fyfe, Martin, Zaka, Beams, Sidey, Robbo - they just give coaches more flexibility.

The old guard - Pav, Goodes, Chappy, SJ and company. Yeah assuming you start with 5 premiums - just no room for an aging power forward is all - having said that i still rate the guy! Just wish he had dpp!

meow meow

He has a round 11 bye so I'm looking at him as a round 12 upgrade.

Swallow12

Both good points, it is a shame he lost his DPP, especially given he did ruck and play up the ground justas much as roughhead

The Supercoach

Drew is a deadset superstar thats the only advice i can give ya, its a much of a muchness