Last Crack Before I Lock It In, Thoughts?

Started by The Roo Boy, January 27, 2012, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on January 31, 2012, 05:37:00 PM
I wouldn't have 3 Tiges in defense (byes),
like to see u make a backline that doesnt have atleast 3 people sharing the same byes lol..

charliesheen

i don't have an issue with any of the picks - apart from no giles & some rookie selections.

just fix the structure up imo.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 31, 2012, 05:45:07 PM
like to see u make a backline that doesnt have atleast 3 people sharing the same byes lol..
Haha point taken, I could but........is it any good?

I just think if you've got a keeper then adding two rookies to it is asking for trouble. Everyone seems to say they will just easily trade before this becomes a problem with byes.

I'm not convinced it's that easy. Just like the people that make a strategy for upgrading for the whole season.
Say you don't start with Pendles but you know by seasons end he's top 6 mid. In round 8 he cops an injury that debilitates him but he's playing. His price drops for the next two weeks. Do you take the chance on getting him or do you deal with the Rich byes?

Till the round 13 bye everyone is getting their shower together, they may panic to cover donuts, leaving you maybe at a loss as to what to do. Do I get the Prem cheap or am I happy with a (potential) dog nut?

upthemaidens

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on January 31, 2012, 06:37:25 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on January 31, 2012, 05:45:07 PM
Haha point taken, I could but........is it any good?

I just think if you've got a keeper then adding two rookies to it is asking for trouble. Everyone seems to say they will just easily trade before this becomes a problem with byes.

I'm not convinced it's that easy. Just like the people that make a strategy for upgrading for the whole season.
Say you don't start with Pendles but you know by seasons end he's top 6 mid. In round 8 he cops an injury that debilitates him but he's playing. His price drops for the next two weeks. Do you take the chance on getting him or do you deal with the Rich byes?

Till the round 13 bye everyone is getting their shower together, they may panic to cover donuts, leaving you maybe at a loss as to what to do. Do I get the Prem cheap or am I happy with a (potential) dog nut?
u have to have 3 or more peeps with the same bye in the same line  theres no way around that, the key is not to have more than 2 premiums in a line sharing the bye..  remember u cant avoid 2 donuts this year no matter what u do

Obese Arachnid

Ruck/fwd doesn't allow you to limit it to one dognut?

TheMailman

Good team apart from your rookies are a bit hmmm.....

Lots of time to improve though!

upthemaidens

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on January 31, 2012, 07:20:36 PM
Ruck/fwd doesn't allow you to limit it to one dognut?
that may, but the points u would lose over the first half of the year with having a dpp ruck would probably negate the donut anyhow