Last Crack Before I Lock It In, Thoughts?

Started by The Roo Boy, January 27, 2012, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Roo Boy

Will most likely not even end up looking like my final team, but im just gathering opinions and slowly gonna pick at my team from now till round 1

2nd crack
concerned i have to many starting rookies

Salary cap left: $39,600.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Brian Lake, Phil Davis, Matthew Buntine, Brandon Ellis
Steven Morris, Billie Smedts

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Dustin Martin, Michael Barlow, Anthony Morabito, Sam Docherty
Dayne Zorko, Luke Brown

Matthew Leuenberger, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Sam Rowe

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Matthew Pavlich, Mitch Robinson, Jonathan Brown, Darren Pfeiffer, Adam Treloar
Joel Hamling, Tom Couch

3rd and final

b]the roo boy[/b] Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by harvey=gun. Salary cap left: $135,800.

Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Jed Adcock, Brian Lake, Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr, Steven Morris
Billie Smedts, Henry Schade

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Andrew Swallow, Brendon Goddard, Matthew Pavlich, Dylan Shiel
Dayne Zorko, Luke Brown

Orren Stephenson, Sam Rowe

Lance Franklin, Paul Chapman, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Darren Pfeiffer, Adam Treloar
Joel Hamling, Tom Couch

kilbluff1985

Nope way to man risks imo

Drummond, Conca, Lake, Fyfe, Barlow, Jack, Brown and Didak

To many of the above are risky Fyfe has not had a good pre season and should only start in your forward anyway and Barlow is ok but it's just the fact you have to many of these type of risky players and not enough proven performers injury free

The Roo Boy

yeah I've been tossing it up with Drummond, Conca, Lake, Brown and Didak but seeming as this is my first sketch of a team for the year i haven't gone to much into other considerations. cheers for the advice   :)

PICCOLLO

Killbluff has hit the nail on the head. Ditch Drummond and Didak at the very least.

kilbluff1985

2nd crack looking better but...

Martin should only start in your forward, looks like your after a DPP link then it might be ok but would rather have a rookie as the link Dusty is an A Grade SC forward but only a C grade SC mid imo and not worthy as your 3rd mid

Downgrade Phill Davis to a rookie and Buntine to a cheaper rookie some good options are Tim Mohr, Sam Darley, Henry Chade

Then use the cash to upgrade Barlow, Martin or Robinson one or more of those 3 

If you can trade martin for a better mid and upgrade Robinson to Martin, make sense?

The Roo Boy

yeah i get ya kilbluff1995 top quality advice cheers mate  :)

charliesheen

You call yourself a roo's supporter  >:(  missing some good smokies.

4INAROW

Posted by: kilbluff1995
« on: Yesterday at 09:02:48 PM »
Insert Quote

2nd crack looking better but...

Martin should only start in your forward, looks like your after a DPP link then it might be ok but would rather have a rookie as the link Dusty is an A Grade SC forward but only a C grade SC mid imo and not worthy as your 3rd mid

Downgrade Phill Davis to a rookie and Buntine to a cheaper rookie some good options are Tim Mohr, Sam Darley, Henry Chade

Then use the cash to upgrade Barlow, Martin or Robinson one or more of those 3 

If you can trade martin for a better mid and upgrade Robinson to Martin, make sense

+1 mate, too many mid price risk and expensive rookies, downgrade where you can to cheaper rookies after watching nab and you'll have the money to improve on premiums or even add one along a line good base though, good luck  :)

The Roo Boy

haha yeah I suppose i am missing out on some smokies down at arden street but in previous years I've steered towards them and have gotten burnt from inside word (although we haven't been travelling to well in the past few years). Now i just tend to stay away from my own team.

charliesheen

Interrupted preseasons
Fyfe
Morabito (might not even be named round 1)
Rowe
Docherty

Picks you need
Orren Stephenson
Shiels

Picks you should really consider as a North supporter (strong fixtures)
A.Swallow (should be captain)
Grima
Harvey (will still go strong imo)
Goldstein
Adams
Sier
etc....

Hope that helps

The Roo Boy

With only a few hours to go till we start submitting our teams in the official site :) I just want to gather up opinions for my basic team structure that i can pick at over the coming weeks till round 1.

Thoughts would be most appreciated :)

Salary cap left: $135,800.

Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Jed Adcock, Brian Lake, Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr, Steven Morris
Billie Smedts, Henry Schade

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Andrew Swallow, Brendon Goddard, Matthew Pavlich, Dylan Shiel
Dayne Zorko, Luke Brown

Orren Stephenson, Sam Rowe

Lance Franklin, Paul Chapman, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Darren Pfeiffer, Adam Treloar
Joel Hamling, Tom Couch

4INAROW

why is goddard in the guts when you already have the lids/luke brown dpp link?

Luigi197

Interesting team and i like it, but i think it would benefit more if Goddard were in the back, and Pavlich were in the front.
I know you want the DPP going, but i think you've already used up a bit too much cash in the mids, and has made your backs weak in the cheaper areas.
An alternative however would be to drop Swallow and/or Swan for a rookie, to upgrade one of you forward or back rookies.

8.5/10 :)

charliesheen

I like your picks.  Yay, for andrew swallow  8)
I would move Goddard down back and Pavlich at front.  There will be some good mid rookies to come.

If you are sold on Rowe.  Grab Giles in the ruck, and put Rowe in the forward line.  Couch && Pffiefer has not been upgraded yet.

Obese Arachnid

I wouldn't have 3 Tiges in defense (byes), also not sure both Ellis & Morris can play in the same team.
Tiges now have a few HBF's, NAB watch for sure. Adcock & Lake both have had injuries or injury prone. I'd only take one.

As has been said Pav & Goddard to their respective positions.

Get Giles (he's going to play bulk games) in the ruck & Rowe to fwds. Which brings me to the point on Hamling. I'm sure you have him there as DPP for rucks. Not really needed this year. If you have Rowe in the fwd line you can swap him for Giles/Stephenson, take the cash & upgrade a fwd with the new rules. Of course it's only a trick you can use once. :P

Fwds, NAB fair enough but Pfeiffer & Couch have to be elevated of the rookie list. Also not sure I'd take two injury prone players as Brown & Porps, one only maybe,once again NAB.