One of the other Selwoods.....

Started by owenbond007, January 27, 2012, 07:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

ok, i've noticed nobody has mentioned anything about adam Selwood. I yet to read anything on him this pre-season but his got to be looked at as a potentially good mid pricer. Last season he dropped 26.5 on his previous season average and spends plenty of time in middle as a tagger when he was at his best. As a backman could he be a good unique pick and potentially keeper?

stew42

Definitely a unique, personally I reckon it will be unlikely that Selwood will return to his glory days, as WC have too many good ball movers...

Manbearpig

He interests me, but I probably won't take him as there's Gilbert, Duffield, Grimes, Burgoyne and Lake at around the same price (Lake's a bit less). I would rather back someone like Gilbert to get close to keeper status than go for Selwood.

owenbond007

Quote from: Manbearpig on January 28, 2012, 01:19:24 AM
He interests me, but I probably won't take him as there's Gilbert, Duffield, Grimes, Burgoyne and Lake at around the same price (Lake's a bit less). I would rather back someone like Gilbert to get close to keeper status than go for Selwood.

Im looking into a few of those but after last year i gave gilbert every opportunity to come good and he didnt and I ended up stuck with him so his at the bottom of my "never again basket". Burgoyne doesnt really fit my team structure and i think his not really going to be a mid-pricer on the up.  Duffield Gimes Lake im watching and could potentially if lake was up and about in NAB cup come into contention.

Swallow12

His younger brother has taken over his tagging role, and cant see him scoring highly in his new role

Phasir

Adam will probably hover around the 55-65 avg all year, might have a few better matches but if you do pick him expect to be in a very, very small minority..