Byes and Finals

Started by Gooner, January 27, 2012, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooner

A lot of the pre-season talk has been around which players have a bye at the same time as other players and ensuring that you're left with as few players as possible with a bye in any given week.  Whilst that's essential if you're trying to win the car (or simply to place as high as possible), there may be a better solution for the league.

Rather than spreading out your players so that you don't have more than two or three in each position that have a bye in any given week, how about a strategy in which you throw one of your league matches, but maximise your chances of winning the other two. 

By selecting as many players as possible who have the bye in one of the three weeks, it'll mean that you'll have two weeks of having close to a full team.  If the opponents that you play during those bye rounds split their players over the three weeks it will both save you trades and give you two out of three wins.

upthemaidens

yep to be honest it makes very little difference for league,,   spreading the byes is really just for overall

yorgis

I think i will try to field the best team possible from the start, but will try [as in previous years] to avoid having more than 2

players from the same team on 1 line. As it gets closer to the byes, i will then see which of my rookies can be upgraded. It's

no good trying to work out who will / won't be playing in those rounds, and who will or won't be able to sub for them. I say,

to get into the finals you need wins,so why go into the season without  a full strength side. Try and get what early wins  you

can and, come the byes, use the trades if necessary ???????????????????????????????? just floating the idea