J. Grimes
14 (36.8%)
B.Lake
18 (47.4%)
J. Porplyzia
6 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 5

auscoyote

I'm thinking of taking a chance on one. No risk no reward. However I've been burnt by grimes in the past. Who would you choose if you had too.

Shaggy

I'm going for Brian Lake int his poll ppersonally because if he can get his form back from 09, he is a keeper down back.

upthemaidens

to be honest neither are that much of a risk, because almost every team will have atleast one of them..
  if lake does ok during nab everyone will grab him.. 
porpoise is a concern, cause even if he does well in nab, its probably just a matter of time until his shoulder goes pop.
grimes is almost a premium backman(for fantasy purposes) when up and running,, i think he is worth 1 more chance. i did think that last year aswell and looked what happened so yeah...  i think grimes is less of a risk than drummond, but that isnt saying much :)

ben_020285

Lake for sure if he plays well during NAB and lines up for round 1.

Grimes is too injury prone and Porps isn't a proven high SC scorer. He only averaged 70 from 19 games in 2010.

Presto

Lake, but not because I have to. I believe in him

Gooner

As the poll is currently showing, both Grimes and Lake are legitimate picks for your team.  As upthemaidens alluded to, many teams will have one of the two as their 'risky but with a good upside' player in defence. 

Of the two, I think Lake could be more of a risk given his age and his delayed start to the pre-season (http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=128229) and the fact that he's had three injuries requiring post-season surgery.  On the plus, he's been relatively solid with his injury history, is cheaper than Grimes and has a higher potential based on previous seasons.

However Grimes has had close to a full-season, albeit with a slightly modified program initially and has had most of last season to get over his injuries.  Whilst he has had soft tissue injuries in the past, he missed most of last season with a broken foot which is not the sort of injury that you'd expect to see often. 

Despite my hesitation with players who hit the big 3.0. mark, I'm slightly leaning towards Lake although that could change after the NAB cup. 

Purple 77

Jack Grimes

I dont trust Lake at his age with his body issues, Grimes wins coz he's younger and has the potential to be a near 100 averaging defender.

I've been told porpus is a bad idea, i've forgotten why, but ive been told by heaps so im following the herd on that one  ;)

ando_10

if lakes fully fit id take him in a heartbeat

nas

Lake for me, Porps shoulders pop out at any time & is a bigger risk (IMO) than Lake, grimes will monitor in the NAB with keen interest.

Torress

i went for grimes

only reason i pick him over lake is because at this moment in time i'd back him to actually get on the park. we need to see something from lake b4 we back him. the bloke will probably miss the NAB, be ready for round 1 and smash it lol!

i'd give porpz a chance at his price mate. crows have a favourable 1st half of the draw, i guess a rookie could out score him. he has to be on the watch list, he is a dam good footy player just his shoulders are a concern. but he hasn't got as many injuries as lake has had!