Swan vs Selwood

Started by Hoggyz_a_legend, January 27, 2012, 08:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggyz_a_legend

I am completely stumped on which one to have in my team.

I don't particularly want both, as I would then have 3 prems (And Barlow) in mids for Rnd 12 bye.

Both stars, my first choice is swan, but with selwood captain now, i can see his scores rising a bit. Which ever i get, the other will be a definite upgrade target post Rnd 12.

I dont really want to not have Barlow, but if thats the advice i get, then i will look into it.

nichsa673

I would get Selwood, simply because he is underpriced, because of his round 1 injury. His scoring will improve and that money could be used elsewhere.

Gooner

Selwood for SC, Swan for DT.

Selwood continues to improve and whilst I think both are a little underpriced, I feel that Selwood represents greater value due to his effectiveness.

miffysp

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 27, 2012, 10:19:33 AM
I would get Selwood, simply because he is underpriced, because of his round 1 injury. His scoring will improve and that money could be used elsewhere.

Your right about selwoods av being slightly depleted by his concussion, but over a whole season it doesnt really change it a great deal getting taking out early in one game. Selwood averaged 111.5. Take away his 24 for his injured game and he averaged 117 over the rest. Saving you around 35-40k. Roughly guessing with the way prices r worked out.
With swan he averaged 121.95 and played four games in the middle of the season restricted by injury. Take away this 4 games and he averaged 129.58(more than pendels mind u). This is a saving of around 40k also.
So they r both good value for money if ya get what I'm on about
Personally I'm taking both

Presto

Quote from: miffysp on January 27, 2012, 11:29:33 AM
Quote from: nichsa673 on January 27, 2012, 10:19:33 AM

Your right about selwoods av being slightly depleted by his concussion, but over a whole season it doesnt really change it a great deal getting taking out early in one game. Selwood averaged 111.5. Take away his 24 for his injured game and he averaged 117 over the rest. Saving you around 35-40k. Roughly guessing with the way prices r worked out.
With swan he averaged 121.95 and played four games in the middle of the season restricted by injury. Take away this 4 games and he averaged 129.58(more than pendels mind u). This is a saving of around 40k also.
So they r both good value for money if ya get what I'm on about
Personally I'm taking both
+1
Exactly my thought including taking both. I would add that Swan, is one of only two choices for captain (GAJ is the other) and that i think that becoming Geelong captain will improve Selwood scoring capability (someone might say the opposite).

Fletch74

Quote from: Gooner on January 27, 2012, 10:46:31 AM
Selwood for SC, Swan for DT.
If you can't have both, then this is the best way to go IMO.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Would I be advised against having Swan, Selwood and Barlow in my starting team? 3 prems with Rnd 12 bye. Could be the difference between an average score and below average score overall. Or a win and loss in my leagues.

Swallow12

Prob a bad idea if you can avoid it.. particulary given there a very few prem backs with a Rd 11 bye to balance it out

Torress

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 27, 2012, 05:18:55 PM
Would I be advised against having Swan, Selwood and Barlow in my starting team? 3 prems with Rnd 12 bye. Could be the difference between an average score and below average score overall. Or a win and loss in my leagues.

yes i think this is the question we are all pondering. well mate, if selwood, barlow and swan all come out and average 120+ then copping a zero is absolutely worth it. unless ofcourse there is another mid prem who averages 120 with a different bye round- rockcliff anyone???  actually just throw marc murphy in there  ;)

charliesheen

its a tough one.  especially if you want to consider under priced guys like Barlow & Mundy that also share the same bye!

For me, I am deciding between Swan vs Pendles, that extra 40k the things I could do with it....

Hoggyz_a_legend

At this stage, i have decided on Swan and Selwood, but I will most likely change my mind at some stage. I just feel like Swan's way too good to not have from the start, but at the same time, Barlow is way too good, and at his discounted price, to not have from the start too. Maybe I should go with Swan and Barlow and upgrade to Selwood?

charliesheen

IMO, at Barlow's price, if you were to pick him, it would be as a keeper.

At the end of the day, it's just going to come down to your future projections on what each player will average, and whether the remaining cash you have can be better utilized.

Which will be different for every body.

meow meow

Swannie is capable of averaging 140

Torress

swan will be 28 and pendles hitting 24

pendles is still getting better and looks awsome in those pics.

i've heard impromtu mention pendles is too much, which makes one raise their ears a little. but i'm not sure if i have the skill to utilize 40k. i think pendles is worth a pick over swan for extra 40k

swans highest SC average is 126 in 2010
pendles beat that last season with 129

a 130 average could or i guess should be on the horizon for pendles this season where i think swan might have already had his peak.

swan gets more of it, where pendles is a better user - DT swan SC pendles to start

enzedder