Midfield for Harmichael

Started by Football Factory, January 25, 2012, 11:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Colliwobblers

I think its a good idea playing in the midfield, he was only going to ever be an ordinary defender, and keeping in mind (they HAVE TO play him) somewhere.

As for the other two going into the middle or fwd not sold on that idea, horseley comes in and looks a good player for the mids, last years rookie mids will ahve come along why move those two into the mids? maybe to run interferance for Gaj and caddy.

I think hunt will double his DT/SC output in the mids maybe triple it, (not a high bar to reach) but he will just now be an ordinary midfielder.

i think a lot of the GCS mature experienced players would be more use on the training track than on the park game day but NOT all of them, i'm being harsh even Gaj slowed a bit adjusting to the inexperienced team around him....

picker_man

oh he's a lock now :P haha but seriously i think ppl will put him in there team based on that which will b better for all of us

Colliwobblers

what you don't have him?  :o gees mate, think of the tackles up there in the middles, argggh think of the suspensions....

picker_man

hahaha ;D
unfortunantly not i didnt want to many GC players so i took ablett instead :P
i cant wait till he pole drives someone

pavs nose

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 25, 2012, 11:29:10 PM
what you don't have him?  :o gees mate, think of the tackles up there in the middles, argggh think of the suspensions....

hey c-wobbler love your comments mate but how the hell do you find so much time for such indepth comments on almost every single thread? did you win lotto and are just living the dream?

Colliwobblers

actually i been on a months holidays. Holidays at home, back to work next week and things may slow down a bit, BUT i'm a night owl so after I get the kids to bed i still got 3-4 hours a night and all weekend for anything footy related, married with kids its work + home (family) duties + footy. :) and thats about it

AFL Babble

I too appreciate your comments wobbler. Expect a private message from me for a league invite when DT opens next week.

pavs nose

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 26, 2012, 02:42:11 AM
actually i been on a months holidays. Holidays at home, back to work next week and things may slow down a bit, BUT i'm a night owl so after I get the kids to bed i still got 3-4 hours a night and all weekend for anything footy related, married with kids its work + home (family) duties + footy. :) and thats about it

A months holidays.......living the dream

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: picker_man on January 25, 2012, 11:21:39 PM
oh he's a lock now :P haha but seriously i think ppl will put him in there team based on that which will b better for all of us

well i think you would be a bad dter to not even consider. Yeah he averaged poor last year, but he is going to imrpove you haqve to look at him like any second year player. A rookie priced second year player, with a mature body who is set to play a fair bit of the season and in a positional change from defence to some midfield time. All you need is a 60 average and he will be a good cash cow. People expect way to much from him but they shouldnt he is a second year player at rookie price. TBH atm there is a lack of defence bench options as most are unknown and js is dubious. For me Hunt has just taken my 9th defence spot until someone else sticks their hand up in the nab cup

Colliwobblers

The F.A.R.K, yes and yes, three things on having him, 1. he will play every game (ahould) 2. he could average 60 in the middle. 3. He will be better than last year.

As for the crap we give him in AFL land, it is for 3 reasons, he is highly paid, he is from NRL, he is not great.

ON being a 2nd year player, that is true, but that still puts him about 7 years behind most 2nd year players in afl experience/career, but he was/is an elite athlete. So he'll do it tough for another year i reckon but if he gains the all important "footy smarts" he will go well, if he gains them this year in the middle he will average higher than 60 and make us all eat are words our hats and wish we had him too

Time will tell, i hope he does awesome and folau too, just too convert more league fans to afl and grow our game and get rid of that game... sorry league fans i just dont rate it. off topic

Football Factory

The F.A.R.K.

Yeah well look he wont play 100% mid he will probs only play about 25% of matches there but that 25% could be worth 15-25 points boosting his average up. Then add to that that he would now have 2 pre seasons in afl under his belt and he is starting to get used to this game his average should already boost. He should be a 60 averaging player and he will play all the time. I wouldnt start him but his js for a 9th defender especially seeing he has his bye in rnd 11 (as a def thats great) i really cant see any negatives on him