Tigers Draw

Started by Colliwobblers, January 25, 2012, 02:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does The Tigers Draw Effect whether you start tigers or upgrade to them?

Tough Draw, I'm skipping tigers
1 (8.3%)
Tough Draw I'll get them in as upgrade targets mid season
1 (8.3%)
Tough Draw But I'll start the ones i want they will rip it up anyway
7 (58.3%)
Tough Draw I'm starting defenders but upgrading to forwards
1 (8.3%)
Tough Draw, I don't care about the draw at all
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Colliwobblers

So the Tigers have a tough draw, at least they do for the first half of the season, please vote and comment on what your thoughts are on starting Tigers players, upgrading to the instead as the draw gets easier or skipping them altogether due to the draw. After all is really that much easier after the 1/2 way mark.

Tigers Draw.

1. CARLTON @ H
2. COLLINGWOOD @ A
3. MELBOURNE @ H
4. GEELONG CATS @ A
5. WEST COAST EAGLES @ H
6. PORT ADELAIDE @ A
7. SYDNEY SWANS @ H
8. ESSENDON @ A
9. HAWTHORN @ H
10. ST KILDA @ A
11. FREMANTLE @ H
12. GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY @ A
13. BYE
14. ADELAIDE @ A
15. MELBOURNE @ A
16. GOLD COAST @ H
17. NORTH MELBOURNE @ H
18. CARLTON @ A
19. BRISBANE LIONS @ A
20. WESTERN BULLDOGS @ H
21. FREMANTLE @ A
22. ESSENDON @ H
23. PORT ADELAIDE @ H

elephants

Thinking I'll start with...

Deledio (Keeper)
Ellis (Cash Cow)
Morris (Cash Cow)

And upgrade to...

Dustin Martin and perhaps Bachar Houli

Presto

I think that Richmond has one of the easier draws: they double up with CAR, ESS, FRE, MEL, POR. It is difficult in the first half, but not a horror draw.
Your team (Collingwood) and mine (Hawthorn) have what could be caledl a horror draw. But that is what you expect from top teams.
Collingwood doubles up on the other four top five sides.
Hawthorn is the only team that play both Grand finalists twice

Deledio is in my pre-NAB team. The difficult start means that I expect the ball will be in his vicinity more often.
Martin is another on my radar
Nahas was another that I considered and rejected
Too early to consider rookies cash cows

Adamant

Yeah will start with Deledio, Ellis but Martin and Houli will be upgrade targets

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Presto on January 25, 2012, 03:50:03 PM
I think that Richmond has one of the easier draws: they double up with CAR, ESS, FRE, MEL, POR. It is difficult in the first half, but not a horror draw.
Your team (Collingwood) and mine (Hawthorn) have what could be caledl a horror draw. But that is what you expect from top teams.

Deledio is in my pre-NAB team. The difficult start means that I expect the ball will be in his vicinity more often.

Very true its not a Horror draw like ours exactly as you say just tough "for the tigers" in the first 11 compared to the last 11.

Seen a lot about it being a tough draw but your right it aint that tough maybe just for the "at times" struggling tigers.

Our teams are still finishing 1-2 IMO :)

ShaynoB

How could u not start with Martin? He will avg 90+ easily this year... I dont think u will get him much cheaper. I cant see many (maybe StevieJ & Buddy) other FWDS averaging more than that.

I guess the biggest concern is having to many Tigers players...

elephants

Quote from: ShaynoB on January 25, 2012, 04:02:38 PM
How could u not start with Martin? He will avg 90+ easily this year... I dont think u will get him much cheaper. I cant see many (maybe StevieJ & Buddy) other FWDS averaging more than that.

I guess the biggest concern is having to many Tigers players...
Martin will undoubtedly get a fair bit more attention than last year. This coupled with his tough draw will see a little dip in scoring imo.
In saying this I'll probably have him come round 1 :P

elephants

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 25, 2012, 04:01:57 PM
Quote from: Presto on January 25, 2012, 03:50:03 PM

Very true its not a Horror draw like ours exactly as you say just tough "for the tigers" in the first 11 compared to the last 11.

Seen a lot about it being a tough draw but your right it aint that tough maybe just for the "at times" struggling tigers.

Our teams are still finishing 2-3 IMO :)
Fixed ;) West Coast will table top ;D

elephants

Bahahah just looked at my fanplanner team and there is Martin sitting in my fwd line. Tells you how organised I am.

*Sorry for the post whoring*

ShaynoB

Quote from: elephants on January 25, 2012, 04:09:37 PM
Bahahah just looked at my fanplanner team and there is Martin sitting in my fwd line. Tells you how organised I am.

*Sorry for the post whoring*

Hahaha! c u love him ;)
Yeah i think him and Gablett r 2 players everyone will or should start with!

elephants

Yeah he'll get more attention but with that more protection i reckon.