Which option...

Started by ShaynoB, January 25, 2012, 01:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaynoB

I know people like the set and forget ruck idea but im still flirting with the 1 cheap ruck plus Mummy combo. These are my 2 options below with what they "might" start scoring without of course not knowing whats going to happen in NAB cup and coaches plans.

Leuenberger (100) + Waters (85) + Christensen (80) = 265 (Berger obivously a keeper but not sure Waters and Chriso would be??)

Giles/Stephenson (75) + Shaw/Enright (90) + Chappy/Johnson/Cloke (100) = 265 + 40k (Obviously would have to upgrade the ruck at some stage and is risky not knowing what they will score but i have 2 more locks in 1 back and 1 fwd)

Can anyone give me and insight into which one they prefer. Personally both have positives and negatives but maybe leaning towards the 2nd one.

Lil confusing but thanks anyways!

Ziplock

personally, I think Christensen has another 10 in him, and waters 5 :P

ShaynoB

mmm... just wondering if thats the case "if" the 15 points is worth the 40 odd k i would have extra which means i could upgrade somewhere else maybe 2 rounds quicker which "could" get me some points back but its all a BIG IF!!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on January 25, 2012, 01:36:59 AM

+1 exactly what zip says and although i have and believe in christensen, if he doesnt have a 90 average in him jbrown does.

and if waters isnt glowing in nabcup maybe grimes conca or lake will be and there is extra money and a more secure ruck.

and i think 75 from a rookie ruck is very very optimistic.... smith was not normal he was a standout last season and the only one imo... and he still only managed 71.

option 1 for me but watch nabcup to adjust as required...

Lions01

Read that Waters has been training in the Rehab group again this week, Had him 2 years ago when he was on a similar discounted price and he went really good, not as convinced about him this year too injury prone

ShaynoB

Yeah its very interesting. Alot of people seem to be wanting the one cheap ruck this year.

Yeah i had Waters 2 years ago as well and boy wasnt he great!!!!

Grimes and Waters just make me very very nervous.

picker_man

Quote from: Ziplock on January 25, 2012, 01:36:59 AM
im not getting sweeped up with all the waters hype hahaha (ala conca) :P

Cruiseon

I'm not convinced by the cheap ruck theory this year.

Whilst the established rucks are more expensive I just don't see why everyone is changing strategy. The byes or MPP don't change it, so I think I'll be going the set and forget approach witha  question as to whether H-Mac is one fo these. I reckon he probably will post NAB Cup.

picker_man

Quote from: Cruiseon on January 25, 2012, 06:46:05 PM

I'm not convinced by the cheap ruck theory this year.

Whilst the established rucks are more expensive I just don't see why everyone is changing strategy. The byes or MPP don't change it, so I think I'll be going the set and forget approach witha  question as to whether H-Mac is one fo these. I reckon he probably will post NAB Cup.
im going with set and forget to, but people arnt changing there stratergy due to bye's ect it bcause of how smith did last yr