Second Draft

Started by johno686, January 24, 2012, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johno686

Team Nam Johno'sAllStars
Heres my first draft this year. Let me know what you guys think and any tips. Rookies will obviously change pending NAB cup form and round 1 availability.
DEF- Deledio, H.Shaw, G.Broughton, Suckling, J.Grimes, B.Ellis, A.Tomlinson (S.Morris, B.Wilkes)
MID- Ablett, A.Swallow, R.Griffen, J.Redden, S.Coniglio, K.Stevens (K.Horsley, D.Shiel)
Ruck- Leuenberger, Kreuzer (J.Giles, T.Derickx)
FOR- D.Martin, M.Robinson, S.Sidebottom, P.Dangerfield, A.Christensen, A.Treloar, A.Saad (B.Smedts, S.Rowe)
Have 57,300 left over.

Luigi197

pretty standard backline
intersting mids. i dont really mind it, although depending on pre-season form, you might want to trade Griffen or Redden for someone abit more... super!
The rest is fine although the fwd lacks a bit of fire power

8.5/10 :)

Colliwobblers

strong backline, downgrade buntin to a basic rook waste of 70K he wont be that much better than your standard rooks if at all. griffen and redden uniques picks but thats ok. again coniglio would want to outscore the otehr rooks for his high starting cost. i would use the money from buntine and coniglio to upgrade kruezer. and change derickx to stephensen 100%. strong fwd line. Overall good side nice work.

johno686

Cheers guys Changed a coulple of guys
DEF- Deledio, H.Shaw, G.Broughton, Suckling, B.Lake, B.Ellis, L.Spurr (S.Morris, B.Wilkes)
MID- Ablett, A.Swallow, R.Griffen, J.Redden, T.Mitchell, K.Stevens (K.Horsley, D.Shiel)
Ruck- Leuenberger, B.McEvoy (J.Giles, O.Stephensen)
FOR- D.Martin, M.Robinson, S.Sidebottom, P.Dangerfield, A.Christensen, A.Treloar, A.Saad (B.Smedts, S.Rowe)

That leaves me with 152,00.
Should i upgrade A.Christensen to like a R.Gray? Who is the weak link or leave as is.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: johno686 on January 24, 2012, 09:00:08 PM
Cheers guys Changed a coulple of guys
DEF- Deledio, H.Shaw, G.Broughton, Suckling, B.Lake, B.Ellis, L.Spurr (S.Morris, B.Wilkes)
MID- Ablett, A.Swallow, R.Griffen, J.Redden, T.Mitchell, K.Stevens (K.Horsley, D.Shiel)
Ruck- Leuenberger, B.McEvoy (J.Giles, O.Stephensen)

That leaves me with 152,00.
Should i upgrade A.Christensen to like a R.Gray? Who is the weak link or leave as is.

I really rate christensen, over gray imo, but you can look at a number of other good potential picks around that price over nab cup to see if anyone else convinces you, you have dangerfield but there is jbrown and a few others out there, but even though its christensens 2nd year he is my pick for that money also, brown and dangerfield battling for the only other midpriced fwd spot i will have.

Thats a very nice team and a good chunk of money left for upgrades, VERY GOOD SIDE - end of story, lock it in you should be happy and you should go well, just watch all the rooks over nab cup and you look pretty set.

Oh and I didnt check your byes but there are some good threads on this site about byes structures, mainly in SCstrategy i think so you can read up on that and set up your team/bye strategy also.

johno686

Cheers for the help mate. I will sit and wait with the team untill after nab cup.

Ringo

Very Nice Team
Only improvement I would make is upgrade either Redden or Griffen to a super prem (Selwood, Pendles or Swan etc) in mids with your cash. Most Teams will have 3 super prems in the mids as this is where the bulk of the scoring occurs in SC.
First team I have seen with Robinson in forward line nice unique if he can maintain his improvement of last year.

Pick the best performing rookies regardless of price on NAB form to finalise team.

PICCOLLO

Dangerpants to franklin?
Ur mids are terrific, griffin is a star and swallow could go super large this year.
A lot to like there and so unique without being risky!
Broughton to goddard another suggestion.

johno686

I will wait and see what Dangerfield's role is in the nab cup as i can see him having a beak out year. I like have a different midfield as everyone just picks the same players. The guys i picked will get 100+ this year. Only concern is redden should i keep him or upgrade. I dont like lake but will wait on him

Ringo

As a Brisbane supporter my comment for you with Redden is stick with him as I can see him maintaining at least last years form and if not improving as teams will be further concentrating on Rocky.  He is virtually a third year player having only played 10 games in 2009.  Without putting the injury mocker on him he has not missed a game since his debut playing 54 games straight including 2 finals in 2009. He also improved his consistency last year with only 2 SC scores less than 80.

johno686

Looks like i am going to keep hime, like the way he plays and 4th year is the big year with players. What about  leuenberger with the new rucks coming in will he have the same role? Can he rest in forward line? Thanks for the help 

Ringo

Berger will be a number 1 ruck and can see him resting in the forward line when using Hudson as back up.  Can not see Longer being used as a ruck unless injury intervenes. Can see 100+ average again this year from Burger and improving on his 4.1 from last year. His is another Lion who has played all games in 2010 and 2011 so durability is there.

johno686

Just after some comments. This is different then my first draft and would like to know how the team stacks up. The rookies will change.
DEF-  Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, Suckling, Lake, B.Ellis, T.Mohr (L.Spurr, B.Morris)
MID- Ablett, A.Swallow, D.Thomas, Griffen, R.Sloane, D.Shiel (T.Mitchell, L.Brown)
RUCK- Leuenberger, McEvoy (J.Giles, Stephensen)
FOR- D.Martin, M.Robinson, P.Dangerfield, J.Brown, D.Zorko, B.Smedts, T.Walsh (C.Hampton, S.Rowe)

Money left over 86,900.
Ok as you can see went three rookies in the forward line to get one less in the midfield. Is this a good move? LEt me know what you think of the team

lozza63

Hey Johno

Quite an innovative squad.
What i like - PODs in Swallow, Thomas and Griffen.
The ruck combo looks fine - both young tyros could be closer to equaling Cox this year - certainly on the up
What concerns me - Sloane has sucked valuable coin away from the forwards especially with Robbo F2, Danger F3, JB F4 & Zorko at F5.
This line needs attention to what is otherwise a nice team.

All the best with it

johno686

Changed afew people around.
DEF-  Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, Suckling, Lake, B.Ellis, T.Mohr (L.Spurr, B.Morris)
MID- Ablett, A.Swallow, D.Thomas, Griffen, D.Zorko , D.Shiel (T.Mitchell, L.Brown)
RUCK- Leuenberger, McEvoy (J.Giles, Stephensen)
FOR- C.Rioli, D.Martin, M.Robinson, P.Dangerfield, J.Brown, B.Smedts, T.Walsh (C.Hampton, S.Rowe)
25,700 left over.
Looks better now i can see this being my final team bar rookies. Let me know what you guys think