Main Menu

Mzungu

Started by valkorum, January 24, 2012, 06:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Colliwobblers

i rate the guy and loved downgrading too him mid last season, but that article is damning. Takes nothing away from him, but where will he fit in.....

Besides the article which was interesting thanks for the link, his price and potential output for the year had already ruled him out for me. $400K and i fiured a 90 average would not be enough to be  a keeper, now that article just rules him out, nabcup may show different tho...

valkorum

I agree that he wont be a viable option in DT/SC this year.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: valkorum on January 25, 2012, 12:02:44 AM
I agree that he wont be a viable option in DT/SC this year.

this is part of why all you "pro's" have this 2nd year rule :) i'll break it with heppell, maybe even conca, but not with mzungu or any of the star rooks from last season no matter how good. (still looking at caddy does he count as 2nd year)

Sorry off topic..

valkorum

I dont follow the 2nd year rule.  I just do my research and based on roles within the team determines whether I pick a player or not.

I was won of the few that went Fyfe last year - thinking he would be a good cash cow but turned in to a great keeper.  I saw the role change and went with it.

Training reports are that Mzungu is training the house down but he has always been fit so that was expected.  As the article confirms his role in the team is unknown (listen to the interview on fremantlefc.com.au - even more damming)

Ziplock

mature aged recruits in their second year would really need to impress me for me to take them.