Main Menu

EOS Transfers and Discussion

Started by Bazinga, January 24, 2012, 10:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Experience is on number of games played not just weeks.
Took my youth player Wilkinson to pop in experience from ordinary to average over 20 games in total (including over 10 senior games).
With your guy being an all rounder and having very poor endurance he wont be playing every game so will take a long time for him to pop ;)

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 05, 2012, 12:14:09 AM
Experience is on number of games played not just weeks.
Took my youth player Wilkinson to pop in experience from ordinary to average over 20 games in total (including over 10 senior games).
With your guy being an all rounder and having very poor endurance he wont be playing every game so will take a long time for him to pop ;)

He'll play 28 games this season. Not going to be close to promotion in any leagues this year, so all XI will play 28 games + 1 for PCC (drew a top 300 seed ::) )

+ I had a batter who was top 2 most matches be fine on reas endo last season... Granted being an AR he'll need more endo

But I think maybe outs/outs for bowling, then take fielding to reas. (cap/Rel is minimum in my side... EXCEPT for ARs)

Therefore 1 level of bowling/tech, then 2 levels fielding and a bit of endo some time in the future. Other than exp/fielding I think he's a decent player.

The main thing is, he adds much needed batting depth to the squad and should help me avoid relegation.

Maca24

Experience is the most important skill, and it can't be fixed on someone like him.
Therefore he is doomed to an eternity of spudness  :P

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on February 05, 2012, 01:18:48 AM
Experience is the most important skill, and it can't be fixed on someone like him.

Ud-Din was FF Nat quality and was only accomplished @ 29yo (will probably pop in exp next week or two)

Therefore this guy (Ud-Din replacement) isn't really worse off than the guy he's replacing.

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on February 05, 2012, 01:34:28 AM

Ud-Din was FF Nat quality and was only accomplished @ 29yo (will probably pop in exp next week or two)

Therefore this guy (Ud-Din replacement) isn't really worse off than the guy he's replacing.
because experience means less at 29yrs old. My 23yr olds have reliable experience. Thats 4 levels higher than your guy :P

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on February 05, 2012, 01:58:13 AM

because experience means less at 29yrs old. My 23yr olds have reliable experience. Thats 4 levels higher than your guy :P

It means less at lower levels*

Once at accom exp, exp pops aren't all that great anyway :) so meh.

He can bat a bit and bowl, he's what I needed. Granted I'd prefer Etwaroo but my side is improving and will make 24K per week before academy investment. I should turn a profit this season.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Maca24 on February 05, 2012, 01:58:13 AM

My 18 year old has average experience. That's 1 level higher and 5 years younger :P

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2012, 10:52:48 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=500993

Possibly the biggest overpay I ever made...

But he reminded me of Ud-Din  :'( - My SA will be dec++ this week now lol

I figured, ave exp for him this year, reas exp during 24, cap 25, rel 26, accom 27... Just similar to Ud-Din

Same talent as Ud-Din, FS like Ud-Din

Just he can bat and his fielding is terrible  ;D

Bahahaha!!! Do you like being stuck in crappy divs with crappy players. He could possibly be the worst purchase I have ever seen for $197k  :o

Fletch74

CrowsFan

Managed to sell my old keeper for 114k :D
Wasn't expecting that much!

Master Q

Nails - I payed 100k more and got this:

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=482062

You should of just looked at him  ::)

valkorum

CrowsFan

Hmm makes you wonder whether you should be selling him when the team with the leading bid is the 3rd best youth team in the game...
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=767204

Master Q

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 05, 2012, 05:55:34 PM
Hmm makes you wonder whether you should be selling him when the team with the leading bid is the 3rd best youth team in the game...
What's so great about him? I might get him as my Youths need another Batsmen but he shouldn't go for a lot...

CrowsFan

Quote from: Master Q on February 05, 2012, 06:01:48 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on February 05, 2012, 05:55:34 PM
What's so great about him? I might get him as my Youths need another Batsmen but he shouldn't go for a lot...
Yeah not sure. He is in my strongest XI, but would prefer to play my recently purchased 16 year old and gets rid of one of my many 18 year olds so I wont be weakened too much when they all promote after the next season...