Selwood V Murphy

Started by theflyinghawk, January 24, 2012, 01:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyinghawk

Just as the title says, i think both can average 120+, but not sure who to pick

Jelwood is in at the moment

meow meow

It won't matter much either way. Both are durable, and shouldn't have much difference in averages.

Gibbs into the middle may hinder Murphy, or it may help him. If you can see one of them happening, lean whichever way you think it will go.

nas

Depending on the rest of your structure & as Puss puss has said, me I would lean towards Selwood. Reckon the captaincy will motivate him the extra step. IMO

Footyrulz

selwood IMO.

his average went down by 5 cause of the game he got concussed.

he is cheaper and they will score similar.

Cruiseon

Hard to go past Selwood this year. The only thing Geelong may be a bit short on is younger midfielders to step up and assist, inevitably they'll unearth someone.

Ringo

Agree with Selwood. IMO with the three Carlton elite all in mids this year points may suffer for all.

essendon33

Got both in my side :).. its the way to go

As everyone has already said both are a good choice.

Gooner

Selwood based on value.  They'll both be top five at the end of the season.

jasonweare

Quote from: essendon33 on January 24, 2012, 12:46:35 PM

Second that, in my aswell, along with ablett and Pendles.

valkorum

Quote from: Ringo on January 24, 2012, 11:19:00 AM
Agree with Selwood. IMO with the three Carlton elite all in mids this year points may suffer for all.

Never was a problem when ABC were the 1st three mids selected (for those that dont know - A = Ablett, B = Bartel, C = Corey)

Hippo

Quote from: valkorum on January 24, 2012, 02:10:21 PM

Never was a problem when ABC were the 1st three mids selected (for those that dont know - A = Ablett, B = Bartel, C = Corey)
argh the good old days!

i still wish i could pick Richo in my team

valkorum

Quote from: Hippo on January 24, 2012, 02:29:37 PM
Quote from: valkorum on January 24, 2012, 02:10:21 PM

argh the good old days!

i still wish i could pick Richo in my team

RICHO was DT GOLD (I assume he was in SC but never played SC until last year)

Torress

jelwood just as he is 35k cheaper.

but both should be very popular and do well.

Quote from: jasonweare on January 24, 2012, 02:08:16 PM
Quote from: essendon33 on January 24, 2012, 12:46:35 PM

Second that, in my aswell, along with ablett and Pendles.

pendles is the one player who is constantly in and out of my team. is such a reliable pick, but as gaj (C) is a lock this season its hard to pick him, 700k is alot of $$$$

Hippo

imo he will either improve or maintain

Its a allot easier to find the 700k now that it is in the season! you will probally need 3 trades just to get him if nothing changes.

Take the pts from the start and rotate C between him and Ablett when they play the lesser team each week, without checking you could have C on these 2 playing Port, GWS and GS.... that would be about 5-6 games with 300+ pts each time

SAMCRO

At the moment I have both, but if I had to choose I'd go with Selwood.

Quote from: Hippo on January 24, 2012, 03:59:37 PM
imo he will either improve or maintain

Its a allot easier to find the 700k now that it is in the season! you will probally need 3 trades just to get him if nothing changes.

Take the pts from the start and rotate C between him and Ablett when they play the lesser team each week, without checking you could have C on these 2 playing Port, GWS and GS.... that would be about 5-6 games with 300+ pts each time

What about when they play each other?